Chapter 36: Island Challenge - Ula Ula Island Part I

Hello everyone! Welcome to the next Island Challenge arc! I'm so sorry this took so long, I had a full week of work that drained me. But good news is, I finally decided to take a little vacation! So hopefully I'll be able to bust out at least a couple chapters. So I hope you all enjoy the first chapter of the new arc!

As waves splashed against the boat, Ash and Pikachu looked at the slowly approaching island that housed their next challenge.

"Get ready Ula Ula Island, we're gonna win!"

"Pikachu!"

'For sure...but first...' Greninja said as he pointed down towards the bow.

Serena and Delphox were against the railing with their arms dangling like paper against the wind. Their eyes were plain white and their mouths had spit on them.

'I...can't...handle it...' Serena said in her head.

'Welcome...to hell...' Delphox said.

Ash and Greninja sweatdropped. They looked at each other and nodded. They made their way down to the bow and held their respective girlfriends.

"Don't worry Serena, we're almost there" he said.

"I...hope...so. Gotta...cheer you...on...in your...trials..." she said weakly.

"This must be...the consequence...of the thing we did...after we came back...from Aether Paradise..." Delphox said.

Greninja blushed at that.

"I-I don't know about that. I was still shocked that you wanted to do it."

"I just thought...scheduling for the song to play...over the intercom at the school...was a good prank..."

"Maybe if the song wasn't Enormous P*nis then it probably would've been" Greninja said, remembering how mad everyone was.

The boat finally reached the shore and everyone got off. Serena and Delphox wobbled onto the dock.

"No more..." Serena wined.

"This is how I'll die..." Delphox wined.

Ash and the others got off the boat.

"Well, we've made it to Malie City" Kukui said.

"Malie City huh? Is that where the first trial is?" Ash asked.

Kukui shook his head.

"Fraid not Ash. The first trial is located in Thrifty Megamart."

"Thrifty Megamart? Where's that at?"

"It's south of Tapu Village, which is east of Route 13 and by extension Blush Mountain, which you can enter south from here" Kukui explained.

Ash rubbed his head.

"I don't know if I'll be able to remember all this."

Rotom flew up to him.

"I can use my map function for directions-roto."

Serena, who had recovered, joined them.

"That's alright Rotom, we can just use my—"

She stopped when she reached into her bag. She kept digging through it but couldn't find it.

"Oh no..."

"What's wrong Serena?"

"I...I forgot my Tablet!!" She yelled as she formed comedic tears.

Ash rubbed her back. "Don't worry Serena, I'm sure we'll be fine without it."

Serena looked at Ash. "B-But Ash...I took so many notes for all the trials here...I don't want us to go in blind..."