Chapter 58: What Lies Ahead

Hello again! Now that the Alola League is over, the story part of Alola is also ending soon. This chapter as well as the next one will be wrapping things up. Enjoy the chapter!

It's been a couple days since the Alola League ended, however that didn't mean the excitement was. Ash and Serena were quickly swarmed by interviewers and new fans. It was almost overwhelming to say the least. Luckily The Professors and Serena's parents were there to shoo them away.

To Serena's dismay, quite a bit of girls tried to get closer to Ash, him trying nicely to shoo them away. Serena was of course ready to bite off their heads if any of them touched him.

It was finally morning and the Kukui house residents were slowly getting up. Grace and Jake had to get up really early to catch their flight back to Kalos. All of Jake's Pokemon hugged Serena tightly and hoped she would visit really soon. After all of that, everyone got ready for the day.

Burnet and Ash were making breakfast while Kukui was reading the newspaper and Serena was brushing Ninetails' fur. That's when she finally noticed it.

"Has anyone seen Sylveon or Pikachu?"

"Not since last night, I wonder where they are" Ash said.

Delphox, who was currently resting on Greninja's lap, remembered something.

'I think I saw them sneak out of the house last night. I could've sworn I heard Sylveon saying she was gonna give Pikachu a 'Champion Reward' or something' Delphox thought.

'Champion Reward?' Serena thought back.

Not a minute later that the front door opened. Everyone turned to see Pikachu and Sylveon walking in, however something seemed off.

Both of their furs were wild and unkept, and they were wobbling like they were struggling to stay awake. Both their cheeks were beat red. Pikachu looked exhausted while Sylveon had a blissful sleepy smile.

"Where have you two been?" Serena asked.

Sylveon sleepily giggled. "We were having—"

"An all night training session!" Pikachu interrupted while covering her mouth.

Everyone looked confused but shrugged it off. Pikachu sighed in relief. He began to walk away but was snagged by Sylveon's feelers.

"Don't gooooo baby, just one more time...?" She said.

Pikachu blushed again. He looked at Sylveon again.

"But we did it all night, shouldn't we rest...like a lot?" He whispered.

"But you never finished in—"

"I'M GONNA GO CLEAN UP NOW!!" Pikachu yelled as he ran away.

"C'mon darlingggg, just one more timeee..." Sylveon said tiredly as she sleepily chased him.

After that weird exchange, the day carried on. Ash and Serena decided to take a walk to discuss what to do next. They made sure to take a more secluded route to avoid their new fans.

"It's crazy y'know? So much has happened during our time in Alola" Ash said.

"For sure. Although I'd say it was more life changing than anything" Serena said.

Ash chuckled. "No doubt about that."

Serena chuckled. The two faced forward again. They didn't say much for a couple minutes.

"So...what now?" Serena asked.

Ash turned his head to hers. "What do you mean?"

Serena turned her head. "What are we gonna do now? I know you want to keep traveling, is that still what you want to do?"