Chapter 78: The Darkest Day Arc Part III - The Way Home

Hellooooo!! I'm back with the final chapter of The Darkest Day Arc! This has been a crazy arc hasn't it? So much has happened (and kinda all over the place), and I want to end this arc with a lasting impact on everyone, so we'll see if what I've got planned does just that. So sit back and enjoy the final chapter of The Darkest Day! (Song ain't mine but you already knew that)

The group traveled through the portal. It looked like a tunnel of swirling light to them. They eventually reached a large floating platform that was floating and the same swirling light moving around it. They spotted Faba at the end of the platform on the opposite side. He was trying to go through a door of some kind, but to no avail.

"Faba!" Ash called out.

Faba heard him and turned around. He was shocked to see them here.

"How are you all here?! The portal was immediately supposed to close!" He yelled.

"That doesn't matter! We're here to stop you once and for all!" Serena declared.

Faba made his way towards the opposite end of the platform.

"Fine then. Face me! One last time!!" He said as he pulled out his Poke Balls.

In a flash, his Pokemon appeared. They were surprised where they currently were. They reluctantly got ready.

"Attack!" Faba yelled.

"Greninja, Double Team!" Ash said.

Multiple copies of Ash-Greninja appeared.

"Delphox, Fire Slash!" Serena said as she moved her arm.

"Jump up and use Aerial Ace!" Ash said.

Ash-Greninja clones and Serena-Delphox made their way towards Faba's Pokemon. Faba's Pokemon fired their attacks, destroying the clones but not the real one. The couple landed their attacks, pushing Faba's Pokemon back.

Faba grunted. He reached inside his shirt. He revealed a Key Stone and held it out.

"Time to Mega Evolve, Alakazam!" He yelled.

Alakazam glowed bright as it let out a battle cry. After the light was gone, Mega Alakazam appeared.

Ash-Greninja and Serena-Delphox stepped back. Lucario and Gardevoir stepped forward.

"Let's go Lucario! The Aura is with us! Mega Evolve!" Ash said as he tapped on his Key Stone glove. He raised his right arm in the air as he finished talking.

"Let's show them our bond Gardevoir! Mega Evolve!" Serena said as she tapped on her Key Stone glove. She raised her left arm in the air as she finished talking.

Lucario and Gardevoir let out huge battle cries as they glowed brightly. After the light faded, a Mega Lucario and a shiny Mega Gardevoir with angelic wings appeared.

"Aura Sphere!" Ash said.

"Moonblast!" Serena said.

"Psycho Cut!" Faba countered. He turned to Hypno. "Use Shadow Ball!" He turned to Raichu. "You use Thunderbolt!"

All the Pokemon fired their attacks, causing an explosion.

"Fire Punch!" Serena said.

"Bone Rush!" Ash said.

Lucario and Gardevoir jumped up and made a beeline towards Faba's Pokemon. They let out battle yells as they got closer.

"Use Barrier!" Faba said to Hypno.