Chapter 35: Reconciliation

Hey everyone I'm back! I'm sorry it took so long to release this chapter, but these take time. Anyways, enjoy the next chapter!

Time seemed to have stopped. Everyone was silent and wide eyed. Serena stood still, wondering if she heard that right. The air was tense and a little awkward.

"Wha...What?" Serena whispered.

Jake took a step forward.

"I know this may be a shock to you, but it's really me. I've wanted to see you again for so long, but, my job kept me away."

Serena hid her eyes behind her hair.

"I'm so sorry Serena. I'm so sorry for not being in your life for over 12 years. But I...I want to be in it again. Serena...I want to be the father you deserve to—"

Before he could finish, I loud noise suddenly boomed. Everyone was shocked and unprepared for it. I red mark appeared on Jake's cheek.

Serena had slapped him.

After recovering, Jake looked back at his daughter. Serena's body was shaking, most likely with anger.

"You've got some nerve...showing up here..."

Serena's body started to shake.

"Your job kept you away? Are you kidding me??" She looked him in the eyes, hers filled with angry tears. "So all my birthdays, school, my childhood, my showcases, my own mother, weren't as important as your damn job?! Do you have any idea how many times I asked mom 'when's daddy coming home?' And now after all this time you only now show up and have the audacity to say you're sorry?!"

This hurt Jake, but he knew he deserved this.

"Well you know what!? I've got something to say to you. GO. TO. HELL!!"

Serena ran away from the group.

"Serena! Wait!" Ash called out. He ran after Serena. Everyone else was at a loss. Even the Pokemon didn't know what to do. They all just stood by as they all watched the exchange. Suddenly someone spoke up.

".....we all need therapy" Dartrix said.

Kukui and Burnet walked up to Jake.

"Not that I condone what she did, but I do agree with her on one thing. Why do you show up only now?" Kukui asked.

Jake turned to them and sighed.

"I work for the KCIA (Kalos Central Intelligence Agency), more specifically in the Spec Ops department. I get sent all over the world and I stay out of contact with my family to ensure their safety. One of my coworkers was recently on a vacation in Alola when he contacted me saying he encountered my daughter. I wanted to see her again, and Apologize to her. But...I figured she'd respond the way she did..." Jake explained.

"I know I would have" Burnet said.

Kukui looked at her. He knew she saw Serena as a daughter and had entered her 'mama bear' mode.

"And if you're really sorry and if you're even her father then I suggest you leave."

"Now hold on Burnet, we can't do that, he's come a long way to see her" Kukui said.

Burnet looked at him with an angry baffle.

"So what?? Did you not see how Serena felt?!"

"I did, but Burnet—"

"No she's right. I think it's best that I leave." Jake took something out of his bag. It was a small box tied in a ribbon. "Could you at least give her this? It's for her birthday."