Chapter 17: Alolan Date Night - Ash and Serena

Hello again everybody! I'm sorry this chapter took so long to come out, work has been SO tiring! But I've finally got a chance to write with enough creative energy. I'm excited to write this chapter, as its one of the chapters I've wanted to write the most. I'm planning to do a Date Chapter Trilogy (Ash and Serena, Pikachu and Sylveon, Greninja and Delphox) and maybe one more chapter after them before I write the next Island Challenge arc. For this chapter I've decided to reveal a plot point earlier than I planned, but only the beginning of it, if that makes sense. Before I stop talking and let you all enjoy this chapter I need to be completely serious with you all. This chapter will contain mature topics. Topics that might make some of you uncomfortable. I've wanted to slowly transition this story from only lighthearted and funny to more serious and real but still lighthearted and funny at its core. And before you say anything, no there won't be any of that, they're not old enough. Anyway, if you're okay with what I've got planned, then I hope you enjoy the first Alolan Date Night!

The sun shinned as the residents of the Kukui household were getting ready to enjoy some fun on the beach. After Ash's victory in his first Grand Trial earlier in the morning, Burnet organized a small celebration for her surrogate family. It wasn't much, but she and Kukui set up their beach supplies and made some food for all of them to enjoy. Once everything was set up, they informed Ash and Serena. Kukui peaked his head into the loft where Ash and Serena were and sweatdropped. He saw Ash and Serena locking lips, doing a somewhat make out session. He slowly lowered his head but accidentally made too much noise. The couple looked and saw Kukui still in their eyesight.

"P-P-Professor! I-It um..w-w-what's up?!" Ash said in a panic.

Serena threw herself under the covers to hide her extreme embarrassment.

"U-um, well...I just wanted to tell you guys me and Burnet set up stuff on the beach. I figured we could all celebrate your Grand Trial victory Ash" Kukui answered awkwardly.

"That sounds great professor! I'm totally in for that" Ash said with excitement, although embarrassment was still easily noticeable. He looked towards Serena, who was still underneath the bed covers. "You up for that too Serena?"

"Mmhmm! T-That..s-sounds n-n-nice!" She answered.

Kukui left before things got even more awkward. A few minutes later Ash emerged from the bathroom wearing a black and red bathing suit and a white shirt with a Poke Ball icon on it. He came into the living room and saw Pikachu and his other Pokemon waiting for him. Pikachu ran up and jumped on his shoulder and nuzzled his cheek against Ash's. He looked to his other Pokemon.

"Alright guys, for the rest of the day I want you all to enjoy yourselves" he said with a smile. His Pokemon smiled in response. Kukui came up to him.

"You're being a responsible trainer Ash."

Ash looked at him with confusion.

"How so?"

"Well a responsible trainer knows when their Pokemon deserve a day to enjoy themselves, and you clearly demonstrate that."

Ash smiled. He looked at his Pokemon who seemed to be discussing what they could do.

"I just don't want them to feel pressured."

Kukui agreed. However, he thought he saw Ash's lips wince a little. Before he could say something, Burnet came up and wrapped the two in a hug.

"Hey you too! Let's get to the beach already!" She said with excitement.

Kukui chuckled at his wife's enthusiasm. Ash looked at his Pokemon.

"Let's go guys!"

All his Pokemon ran outside and towards the beach. Ash burst out the door and ran after them. Kukui and Burnet made their way out in their bathing suits. Kukui was wearing his usual outfit minus his lab coat. Burnet was wearing a black one piece with a diamond hole revealing her bellybutton. Ash jumped into the water with Pikachu, Greninja and Passimian. Infernape and Rockruff laid under an umbrella. Rowlet was napping on a sandmade pillow. The group were enjoying themselves until Ash finally realized something.