Chapter 4: Ash's Home

Had a burst of creative energy!

Upon hearing her son's voice, Delia walked into the living room from the kitchen.

"Welcome home Ash! How was--"

She stopped when she noticed Serena standing next to her son.

"Who's this young lady?"

"This is Serena, she traveled with me through Kalos."

"Hello Mrs. Ketchum, i-its nice to meet you" she said nervously.

"Well its a pleasure to meet you as well Serena" Delia said with a smile. She suddenly got a brain wave. "Wait a minute..."

Ash and Serena grew incredibly nervous. Did she figure it out already? Will she disapprove? After a brief pause, Delia spoke up.

"You're that adorable little girl that went to Professor Oak's Summer Camp!"

Ash and Serena had to blink a couple times in order for that to register.

"Y-Yeah! That's me" Serena said. Ash mentally sighed.

"Wow, look at you, you've grown into a beautiful young lady" Delia commented.

"Th-Th-Thank you M-Mrs. Ketchum" Serena said while blushing hard at her compliment.

Delia decided to change the subject, as she knew if she continued it would probably make Serena uncomfortable.

"You're actually both just in time, I just finished dinner."

Ash and Serena perked up upon hearing this. Serena had been feeling a little hungry and was very interested in trying Delia's food, based on how much Ash praised it. Ash, being Ash, was ready to scarf it down unto his belly was ready to burst. After washing up and letting out all their Pokemon to eat their dinner, Ash and Serena grabbed a plate and filled it with all the options available. Delia had made Pasta with Breadsticks and some Tomato Soup. Upon taking a bite, Serena's eyes shot open, and she let out a blissful hum.

"I told you it was good" Ash chuckled.

Serena swallowed her food before answering. "Good?! Its great! You're a great cook Mrs. Ketchum!"

Delia blushed at her praise. "Oh! Why thank you Serena, that means so much."

"Ash was definitely right, you're food really is the best" she said. Ash stopped eating and his eyes widened.

"Is that so...?" Delia said, a sly smirk slowly forming.

'Oh no...' Ash said internally.

"When Ash was really little, we would go to his favorite restaurant, and he would always get the same thing, and he would say 'mommy, is it possible to catch the recipe of this?'"

Serena laughed upon hearing this, with Delia laughing with her. Ash however, was sinking into his seat, his face red and steam coming out the top of his head.

"I had no idea you were like that Ash, I wish I could see pictures" Serena said while still slightly laughing.

"Oh well if you want to see pictures--" Delia began before being cut off.

"OKAY! THAT'S ENOUGH!" Ash yelled while completely filled with embarrassment.

Delia and Serena decided to stop. Serena looked slightly disappointed that Ash didn't want his mother to show her embarrassing pictures of him, however when she looked at Delia she saw her wink at her. Serena smiled with excitement. The three humans carried on with their meal. Delia had noticed how Ash and Serena interacted with each other and even saw Serena give a dreamy smile as Ash told her about the Kalos League and showed her the trophy. As they were eating dessert, Delia decided to test out her theory.