Chapter 80: Rise To The Challenge

Hello all! I'm back with the next chapter of the Aim to be a Pokemon Master arc! This will be Serena's long awaited battle against Gloria, how will it turn out? Read to find out! Enjoy now!

Galar slowly came into view. Grace and Jake marveled at its beauty. Ash and Serena smiled with excitement. The plane eventually touched down. Everyone grabbed their things and got off the plane. As they entered the lobby, they were met by a few familiar faces.

"Hey Serena, hey Ash!" Gloria said with a wave.

"Hey Gloria!" Serena called.

They all met up.

"It's been a while hasn't it" Leon said.

"It sure has" Ash said.

"I take it you're all rested now Ash?" Leon asked.

Ash revealed his metallic arm. "You could say that."

Gloria, Leon and Hop were shocked and amazed upon seeing Ash's arm.

"That's so cool!" Hop said with excitement.

"How about we all get some lunch? It'll be my treat" Leon offered.

Everyone agreed with this. They had to drop off their luggage at their hotel suites first. The Professors and Grace and Jake were completely stunned when they discovered where they were staying.

"We're staying here?! For real?!" Grace said.

"Isn't this the most expensive and luxurious hotel in Wyndon?!" Professor Kukui said.

"Yeah. But just wait until you see the rooms" Serena said nonchalantly.

"You know what the rooms look fine?" Jake asked.

"Well we did stay here during the Galar League Tournament" Ash answered nonchalantly.

"What?!" The adults said together.

Burnet and Grace tugged on Ash's and Serena's ear respectively.

"And you only tell us this now??" Burnet said.

"That would've been nice to know sooner!" Grace added.

"W-We're sorry...!" Ash and Serena said together through the pain.

The others sweatdropped at seeing Burnet and Grace in full scary mother mode. After a brief lecture they all checked in and dropped off their stuff in their respective rooms. Leon led them to a nice restaurant near Wyndon Stadium. They had to disguise Ash and Serena to avoid any fans from recognizing them and swarming them for photos and autographs. They secured a private section so Ash and Serena could remove their disguises.

They all ate their lunch and made small talk. After lunch they began to spread out. Leon had some work to do so he took his leave, asking Hop to assist him. Grace and Jake decided to do a little exploring around Wyndon. Kukui and Burnet decided to go back to the Hotel to enjoy the spa. Ash and his Pokemon also went back to the hotel, but went to the hotel's gym to lift some weights. That just left Serena and Gloria. The two decided to take their own walk.

"I guess you and I can battle soon huh" Gloria said.

"Yeah..." Serena said.

"What's wrong Serena?" Gloria asked with a concerned face.

Serena sighed. "It's just, despite everything I've done since I started my journey, and I've been on it for 2 years now, doubt just always seems to creep up on me" she said.

Gloria understood this. "That's perfectly normal Serena. Everyone has that feeling of doubt. I had doubt I could be as good of a trainer as my brother, or if Hop had feelings for me too, or the becoming Champion. But in the end, I tackled those doubts head on, and gave it my all. And after I met you, and seeing you battle, it inspired me to continue to never give up until the very end" Gloria said.