Chapter 65: Galar League - Water Badge

Helluuw! I'm back with the next Galar Gym Badge chapter! As I said in the last chapter, it will only focus on Serena getting the badges. Another thing I should tell you guys beforehand is because the chapters will focus on the gyms, the passage of time is gonna get a little weird. I will say that right now it's around the middle of April. By the end of Galar Ash and Serena will be 16. I'm not gonna do birthday chapters again, just fyi. Well I'll stop for now, can't give too much away right? Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

The group finally arrived at Hulbury. It looked like a fishing type city. It also had a beautiful view of the ocean and a lighthouse at the edge of the water. Ash and Serena looked on in awe at the scenery.

"What a nice place" Serena said.

"Yeah, it does" Ash said.

"You feel like going for a swim babe?" Delphox teased with a nudge.

Greninja smirked. "I'll grab the boat then."

Delphox turned pale at hearing that name. This caused Greninja to chuckle. Delphox puffed her cheeks, an embarrassed blush covering it.

They decided to enjoy the city a little before heading to the gym. They rented some fishing rods to do a little fishing.

"Remember when we did this back in Kalos?" Ash asked.

"I sure do. Although this time we don't have to worry about Team Rocket disturbing us" Serena said.

Ash slightly lowered his fishing rod. Serena noticed his sudden change.

"What's wrong Ash?"

Ash sighed. "It's just a little weird that I don't have to deal with their antics anymore. I've had to deal with it for 5 years, and now it's over."

Serena looked a little sad. "I can't imagine going through so many years of dealing with essentially a team of idiotic stockers" Serena said.

Ash slightly chuckled. "They were annoying for sure, but after a while it became the norm."

"Well, at least something good came out of it right?" Serena said.

Ash turned to her with confusion. Serena continued with a smile.

"The entire organization is gone now thanks to us, and James is our friend now."

Ash smiled. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

After a little while they returned their rods. Ash wanted to check out the ocean. The two stood on the edge of the dock, just admiring the view.

"I'll never get tired of a view like this" Serena said.

"Yeah..." was all Ash said.

Serena was about to ask if he was okay until she saw him pull something out of his pocket.

"What's that?" She asked.

Ash opened his hand, revealing the Misty lure that she had given him. Serena scowled at seeing her.

"Despite all we had been through, in the end she joined them, all because I didn't love her. She had helped me a lot in the beginning, and I do owe her for a couple things. But one rejection was all it took..."

Pikachu felt the same as Ash. He really liked Misty, but she had crossed a line that Pikachu wouldn't allow. He didn't care who it was, but if anyone ever intentionally hurt Ash, he wouldn't let that slide.

"She didn't deserve you...she never did" Serena said.

Ash's thoughts then went to Mimey. Sure his mom looked after him, but he was still technically his Pokemon. It hurt him seeing his Kanto caught Pokemon finding out. Squirtle even stopping by to pay his respects.