Chapter 72: Galar League Tournament - Part I

Hello everyone! I'm back once again with the next chapter! And today's a good day to release it because today just so happens to be my birthday. Yay, I guess? Well anyway, we're finally here at last! This chapter begins the Galar League Tournament and I'm super excited to write this. I'm gonna put everything I have to make this arc awesome, so let's begin shall we? Enjoy! (Song not mine but is my all time favorite though)

It's been over a month since the group arrived in Wyndon, and Ash and Serena have been training together every single day since. Ash wasn't planning on slacking off, as after the Galar League Tournament ends he'll be challenging Leon for the World Monarch title. After a full day training session, the group decided to call it a day.

"Phew, training is as hard as ever" Serena said as she wiped sweat from her forehead.

"No kidding. But the results are worth it in the end" Ash said.

The two thanked their Pokémon and recalled them. They decided to go to a nearby restaurant for dinner. Thanks to it being August now, the group sat on the outdoor patio.

"The tournament starts in a few days" Ash said.

"Yeah..." was all Serena said.

Ash put a hand over hers. This caused her to blush and look at him. He smiled at her.

"Don't be nervous Serena, just have confidence in yourself and you'll do great."

"Ash..." She smiled and nodded.

Delphox was having similar feelings to Serena. She felt a webbed hand on her shoulder. She turned to Greninja giving her a comforting smile.

"Like Ash said, you two will do great. I know you'll win this" he said.

Delphox blushed and smiled. She nodded her head. She took a sip of her drink.

"And when you do...let's do it" Greninja said.

Delphox's eyes shot open as she spite out her drink. She coughed before looking at him with a red covered face.

"Huh?!?!?!"

The others were confused by their interaction. They decided to leave it be. After dinner they headed back towards their hotel.

Some strings were pulled, but Ash and Serena were staying in Wyndon's most Luxurious hotel. Their room contained a king sized bed, a few smaller beds for their Pokémon, a large flat screen tv, a balcony overlooking the sunset, a small kitchen area complete with a fridge and microwave as well as an oven, a large bathroom with a walk in shower as well as a bathtub. They also had access to a 24 hour room service. There was also a pool and a spa on the ground floor.

Serena sighed as she fell onto the bed. "What a day..."

Ash sat down next to her and brushed her hair with his hand. "You've been working really hard this past month, maybe you should take tomorrow off to rest" Ash said.

"That's a good idea. I'd love to go to the spa again" Serena said.

"That spa was so refreshing" Delphox said.

"Best spa ever" Sylveon said as Pikachu rubbed her head.

After showering and teeth brushing, the group let out the rest of their Pokémon. They all settled in and watched a movie. It was about a boy who is an inventor and meets another boy who takes him into the future in order to help him repair an invention that projects the wearer's memories.

They all eventually fell asleep, Ash waking up lightly crying a few hours later and Serena holding him close until he fell back asleep. Morning eventually came and the group split up. Serena and all the girls headed to the spa to relax. All the guys decided to hang out at the pool. Ash, Pikachu and Greninja however, decided to take a walk around the city.