Chapter 81: A Champion Time!

Heyyo everyone! I am back again with the next chapter of this book and final arc! The last chapter should've probably been a two parter, considering how long it was (and how long it took to get out), so for this next battle, which of course is Ash vs Leon, will be in two parts. So I hope you all enjoy part I of Ash vs Leon! (Video is actually mine, believe it or not (bet you don't hear that often (subscribe too))).

After her historic victory over Champion Gloria and becoming the new Champion, Serena's life became a little more hectic than she thought it would be.

Interviews, guest appearances, some light paperwork, designing and making her custom champion outfit, and everything else that she wasn't exactly ecstatic about, especially because it kept her from spending time with Ash.

And speaking of Ash, he himself was exceedingly busy with his training. This battle was not going to be easy, and it was quite possibly the hardest opponent he's ever faced. But considering Leon is widely viewed as the strongest trainer in the world, that adds to that possibly quite a bit.

This continued for the next couple days. Serena didn't get back to the hotel until super late, and by that point she was too physically and mentally exhausted to do anything but sleep. The third day had come, however due to some unexpected events, Leon had to postpone the match until the next day, giving Ash an extra day to prepare. By the end of the day he felt that everyone was ready. He returned to the hotel and saw Serena wasn't there. He figured she was still busy with her new role. Ash understood this, as he too had a few things to do in the first couple of days of being the Alola Region Champion.

As Ash was making dinner, the door slowly opened. Serena walked in with Delphox and Sylveon in tow. They all looked completely exhausted again. Serena face planted onto the bed, letting out a muffled tired groan.

"So...tired...!!" She said with her head buried in the bed.

Ash let Greninja take over making dinner and went to comfort Serena.

"Heeeyyy Serena, welcome home" he said while stroking her back.

Serena groaned again. "There's no end to this hell...I just want to spend more time with you..."

Ash smiled. "Don't worry Serena, once everything settles down you and I will have some time together again" he reassured her.

Serena rolled her head into the bed. "We better. I miss cuddling with you, and kissing you, and making out with you, and having s—"

"YEAH YEAH YEAH, all that stuff, miss it, very much! Hey so let's have some dinner now okay?!" Ash yelled with a deep red blush as he cut her off.

Ash practically dragged Serena towards the kitchen. They sat down right as Greninja and Pikachu placed the food on the table. Greninja then set a tired Delphox down on a chair as Pikachu took a couple plates of food for him and Sylveon. Everyone ate and talked. By this point Serena was awake enough to talk normally.

"So do you know who you'll be using tomorrow Ash?" Serena asked.

Ash nodded. "Yup. It took some time but I've made my choices."

"That's great. I'm looking forward to seeing you win tomorrow" she said.

"As long as you're there, I'll win for sure" Ash said.

Serena blushed but still smiled.

Greninja was eating in silence. He had confidence that Ash will win, but something had been bothering him for the past few days. He didn't tell anyone about it, not even Delphox. He looked at Delphox and saw her slightly asleep with food still in her mouth. Greninja lightly chuckled at seeing her like that. He lightly nudged her, waking her up.