Chapter 23: Island Challenge - Akala Island Part III

Hello everyone! I'm here yet again with the final part of the Akala Island Challenge arc! I am so excited to share it with you all, cause what I had planned for this part pushed me to get it out sooner (plus today's my day off so that helps too). I'll know I did a good job with this arc if I get a comment like "Oh sh*t!" or something. Well I won't talk anymore, so sit back and enjoy!

The Pikipek chirped over the Pokemon Center roof as the sun made its way into the sky. Luckily for them, Ash and Serena had a view that didn't match up with the sunrise, which meant everyone got up willingly. Ash woke up first and went to shower, Serena still asleep. While showering, Pikachu and Sylveon started to rise. They stretched and yawned to get any sleep out. Greninja and Delphox were up next. Greninja stretched his arms out while Delphox cracked her neck. She glanced over to Serena, who was still asleep. She knew that Serena had to get up. So she volunteered to wake her up. Once she got close enough, she spotted something weird. Upon closer inspection, it looked just like the Z-Ring that Ash has, only a different color. Her eyes widened at seeing it. She got in close and kissed Serena on the cheek, causing her to stir. Serena opened her eyes to see Delphox smiling at her, causing her to smile.

"Morning Delphox" she whispered.

'Morning Serena, I hope you slept well' she thought.

'I did actually...'

'I'm glad.'

There was a brief silence. Suddenly both girls' eyes shot open as they looked at each other.

'Did you just hear me?!'  'Did you just hear me?!'

They just stared in disbelief. Was this really happening?!

'Wha-...What is going on?!' Serena thought.

'I have no idea! I guess we can communicate with each other telepathically now!'

'Woah....that's so awesome!'

'I know right?! Just think of what we could accomplish now!'

The others were watching them with confusion as they watched them grow excited without even talking.

"O...kay? What's going on with them?" Sylveon asked.

"Beats me" Pikachu said.

Greninja had a theory, but he wanted to confirm it with Delphox later. After a few more minutes, Ash emerged from the bathroom, all dressed and ready. He saw everyone else was up. He looked at Serena and Delphox, who both had excited smiles on their faces.

"I'm guessing you guys had a good sleep" Ash said with a chuckle.

"Oh! Good morning Ashy!" Serena said.

As usual, Ash blushed. Serena as usual giggled. Ash then noticed something up against Serena's stomach. He walked up and got closer to it.

"A-Ash?! W-What's w-wrong?" She said with a crimson blush. Ash was super close to her stomach and by extension her chest. Serena's thoughts were racing, as was her heart. She closed her eyes shut. 'I-Is he gonna...?!'

Once close enough, Ash reached in and grabbed the object. His eyes widened at it.

"Serena...where in the world did you get this..."

Serena shot her eyes open and looked at Ash. She saw him holding her newly acquired Z-Ring.

"I um, I got it last night from a Pokemon" she answered.

"From a Pokemon? Who?"

"I don't know but it was pink and black and had the same eyes as Tapu Koko."

The two suddenly remembered the first day they visited the Pokemon school, and hearing everyone explain different parts of Alola, one of them being about the Island Deities.