Cold Feet

Chapter eight: "Cold Feet"

"Dylan, what do want?" I asked my cousin who knocked at the door, he looked too tired for a Groom

He scratched the back of his head "I don't think I'm ready" he said to me

I blinked multiple times and shake my head "What are you talking about? Did you drink alcohol?"

"What? No! what I mean is that I don't think I'm ready for the wedding"

Did he get high or something? Why on earth is he saying that!?

"WHAT!?" I yelled loudly that it made him jump back in surprise, I poked my head out of the hotel room to look left and right before I grabbed a fistful of Dylan's shirt and pulled him in.

Slamming the door shut before I glared at him "Why would you say this to me?" My hand rubbed one side of my temple as I closed my eyes
What the hell is going on? Is he getting cold feet?

"I just don't think I'm cut out to be a husband for Ramira" he answered

I glanced at Cloud to make sure what I am hearing is correct, there is something inside of me that is bubbling. It was annoyance.

My hand went to slap him at the right cheek that Cloud wasn't even prepared that I would do that right now, Cloud's eyes were wide while Dylan's face was filled with shock.

"Do you know what made me slap you like that?" I asked him. Dylan shook his head
He is older than me but I feel like I"m the one acting order between the two of us right now

I sighed "Cloud, love, could you please tell him"

Cloud smiled at me "Sure"

He puts one leg up on the bed and started to explain to Dylan why I was mad "You'll be the biggest scumbag if you leave the girl at the altar all alone"

"You asked for her hand in marriage only for you to not come. Even I, a former scumbag, would say that it is the biggest scumbag move that any man could do" he added

"Thank you," I said in relief

"So Dylan, in short. If you don't want my fist on your face, you better put your ass up there beside Ramira. Got it?"

Cloud was being sympathetic to Dylan because I was the one scolding him "Alright Angel, I think you should stop now or else you'll make him cry"

"He'll make Ramira cry if I don't make him cry" I responded

Call it cruel but I would see it as a rude awakening

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were eating dinner with the small portion of my clan since not everyone is here yet for the wedding, only the bridesmaids, the flower girls, and many other important roles are important for the rehearsal.

I was called on to be the person who will play Here comes the bride on the piano for the wedding, I gladly accepted it only to find out that the groom has cold feet that I need to slap him and now he is eating awkwardly in front of me at the table.

Dylan peeked at me a few times from his food and every time I would catch him doing it

Cloud gave Ramira an awkward grin on behalf of my behavior to her husband-to-be. Luckily, my sisters and other girls in the family would ask Ramira about the bachelorette party to distract her from asking us what is going on with Dylan.

The men in the family noticed Dylan's actions immediately and were quick to catch on. I try to speak to Dylan but before I could, Cloud fed me a scoop of mashed potatoes.