Me And My Fist

Chapter sixty-four: "Me And My Fist"

Once we entered the room, Cloud went to the sofa and sat as he was taking in a breather

"Could you please get us some water?" I asked a maid kindly and she nodded to me before walking out of the room

We heard the door open and there entered Ava and Claire

Ava sat beside Cloud while Claire stood beside me with a poker face

"Cloud just breathe" I suggested to him and he slowly breathe in and breath out
I could sense his frustration for me, he was showing the emotions that I was supposed to make

The maid came back with a tray that has a cold glass of water and I thanked her before she left the room. I handed the glass to Cloud and he drank it slowly

He looks at me with sadness in his eyes like he regretted that all this happened "I'm sorry, I just, I was simply hoping that maybe in the end they would like you"

My hand slowly held his as I knelt in front of him "Cloud it's fine"

"No, it's not, do you know how much I fear that the day would come when they would treat you like how they did to Grandpa Arthur?"

We both could only look at each other in silence

"The answer is simple really"

All three of us looked to Claire who sat on a sofa that was facing us, her emotionless face changed when a small smile appear on her lips "Go against the odds and fight the family"

Ava's eyes widened and she held Claire's wrist "Claire that is a bad idea, that could make their lives into chaos"

Her eyes were shining with determination "If we let these old values control the family then this would become the core of every problem"

Cloud looked up at his aunt with worry "Do you mean you want to get justice for Uncle Sinn?"

Wait? Is there another family drama within a family drama? This is making me so confused

"He killed himself because of the stupid values and expectations of this hellfire of a family"

Ava moved seats and sat beside Claire to pat her back just so she could calm her down, the pent up of anger was obvious

"Then why can't Ava change the family values?" I asked all of them
With Ava also concerned for the clan then she could easily change it since she is the head of the clan

Ava shook her head "Dear, there are things that you cannot control and one of them is the passed-down philosophy of this clan. The problem is ingrained and cannot be solved by just a few actions"

The grandma then turned her head to Claire "I'm sorry but the best I could do is help you get back your maiden name and the will of Sinn, anything that involves the demise of this clan is almost like self-destruction and the innocent will be involved"

Me and Cloud could only nod at Ava

"There are also children within this family, including my little brother Benji. They're too young to face such a crisis"

Claire clenched her dress "Then what should we do? My husband died because of his blood relatives, IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL A FAMILY?!"

She stood up "THESE PEOPLE ARE SO GREEDY THAT THEY IGNORE THE MEANING OF FAMILY!!" she inhaled deeply then looked at Ava "When you became the head of the family I thought things would change for the better, if you ignore this then Penelope would soon follow our husband's footsteps"