Chapter 37

Three days later, the grand event that the young natives of the tribe were looking forward to began.

The weather in early winter brought a chilly chill that was completely different from the rest of the season. Meng Sheng thickened the animal hide, and when he and Qiu Juan hurried to the food court, they found that the dead trees and grass on the road were covered with a thin layer. of cream.

Even so, when the two arrived at the dining hall, a lot of people had already gathered above.

Today's food distribution hall was cleaned very quickly. The surrounding weeds and rocks were removed by at least two meters. The whole food distribution hall looked a lot bigger. A hole was dug in the middle of the food distribution hall, and a The bonfire shelf, the roaring fire burned as high as half of the people.

Meng Sheng's hands were freezing, and he quickly pulled Qiu Wan over to roast his hands.

"Why did you two come, you didn't participate in the ceremony of raising the fire of the grand event." Tang Dun was squatting back to add firewood to the fire pit.

"Do you have to participate?"

"That's not true. I just heard that if you participate, you will win a lot of money. The people you like will also like you.

" On the shoulders of the other person: "What I like when I don't make a fire also happens to like me, don't you think so, Qiu Juan?"

Qiu Juan shook his head, neither refuting nor admitting: "You cook here, I'll go see if there is anything. What do you want to help?"

After speaking, the people left, Tang Dun looked at Meng Sheng and sneered: "Qiu Jian doesn't want to pay attention to you."

"He's just shy."

"You have a really thick skin!

" Without saying a few words, Tang Yu walked over to this side, glared at Meng Sheng, and scolded Tang Dun with a slap in the face: "What are you still dawdling on here, hurry up and get ready to go out."

Tang Dun was a little impatient: "I see!" The

brothers went to one direction of the food distribution hall: "Why are you arguing with Meng Sheng now?

" "

He's our competitor, be careful with you, Meng Sheng is a cunning person, he won't make you miserable."

Tang Dun suddenly burst into anger: "Brother, he saved me before. , don't make people think so badly! You have to keep an eye on Kong Jia, he is so popular right now."

"Didn't you give a sheep as a thank you, as for Kong Jia... ." After speaking, Tang Yu's tone was weaker: "In the future, we and Kong Jia will be a family."

"Family?" Tang Dun's eyes widened suddenly, vaguely remembering that when they were eating in Mengsheng Cave, everyone inadvertently During the conversation, he took Tang Yu's arm: "A Tong and Kong Jia..."

Tang Yu couldn't tell whether he was in a good or bad mood, he sighed lightly, and it was a default.

"Today, taking advantage of this opportunity, the two of them should announce that they will become partners for life."

Tang Dun was shocked by these words for a while: "When did you know about it, why didn't you tell me?"

"I also just found out. Didn't I tell you that! Anyway, don't be surprised at that time and make things messed up. It's weird that Ah Tong doesn't fall out when he goes back."

"Aren't they too fast?"

Tang Yu was agitated for a while: " What a hurry, I listened to my father and my mother, they have already been interested!"

Tang Dun closed his mouth, combined with the separation of Qiu Fan and Kong Jia, he secretly felt that A Tong might have done something wrong.

"Don't look at me like this, you can know some things in your heart. Don't make trouble with Kong Jia in the future. After all, we are a family." Facing his brother's complicated expression, he hurriedly confessed and turned to leave first.

He is like a mirror in his heart. The Tang family has always had a face and face, but something shameful happened in private. Even if others don't know it, he always has a choked fishbone in his heart. make him miserable.

The people in the tribe quickly gathered, and after the chief counted the young people of the right age in the tribe, he let the males set off, while the females and sub-females stayed in the food distribution area. Meng Sheng still went out with Zhong Yang.

In fact, the event is mainly held at night. During the day, the males go out to hunt, and the harvest of the day is brought back as food for the evening. However, in order to facilitate the sub-females and females who stay in the feeding grounds to prepare food earlier, the males must hurry up Time, I have to rush back in the afternoon.

"I heard from my father that he used to weave a wreath for his mother when he was out hunting, and his mother agreed to his pursuit. What are you going to get for Qiu Juan?" You

are not allowed to go today. When hunting in the wild beast forest, the two males went to a wide area to catch some small things. The terrain was open and the weather was cold. In order to pass the time, the two chatted to find prey.

"Qiu Juan likes orchids. I've already spotted a few of them, and I'll dig them up for him later."

"It's easy to do if he likes it. But if you're lucky enough to catch a flower-tailed fox, that fox fur will be fine. But it looks good, white and red, what color fur does not grow a miscellaneous hair of other colors, use its fur around the neck, the thief is warm, whether it is a sub-female or a female will like it very much. Get the male flower tail Fox, that is the supreme glory of females and females, and it also represents the most sincere admiration."

Meng Sheng frowned: "Why didn't you tell me earlier, there is such a custom."

"I just heard about it, that thing only appears in the early winter season, it's useless to tell you earlier, and the flower-tailed fox is very cunning, but it is much more difficult than the rabbit, the rabbit just runs on the ground, it But you have to run up and down." Zhong Yang patted Meng Sheng's shoulder: "Don't be discouraged, you and Qiu Wan have such a good relationship, you don't need to prove it."

Meng Sheng lowered his eyes and raised a touch A not-so-good smile: "Although Qiu Juan and I are already together, he doesn't seem to have any intention of becoming a lifelong partner with me, and I don't know what he is thinking. If there is a way to make us Of course I will be interested."

"Hey, it's not like you!" Zhong Yang said with relief: "Don't worry, there is no better male in the tribe than you, Qiu Juan is so smart. , I won't let you go."

"Eh, eh! There's something there!" The male suddenly raised his voice, then jumped into the grass and chased the dark prey.

Meng Sheng followed him for two steps, and the man ran farther and farther. He simply stopped chasing after him, leaned on a branch thicker than his waist, and looked at Zhong Yang happily to hunt.

When he came out this time, he didn't plan to hunt much. After hanging out with Zhong Yang for two hours, he hunted the prey he could find and went to dig orchids for Qiu Wan.

When they got to the edge of the cliff, the two males were surprised to find that there were more males on the edge of the cliff than hunting grounds.

Several males are clinging to the cliff to pick flowers and vines, presumably preparing for their favorite objects.

"Hey, the two of you are here too! Hurry up, or the flowers will all be picked by Mo."

This season, there are no flowers in full bloom on the forest floor, just some on the cliff. Meng Sheng looked at the male named Mo, who had already Picked a bunch of flowers.

"Who are you going to give it to? Picking so much?"

"Let's see which females and sub-females are good in the food court later, and the event does not require only one person to be sent."

Zhong Yang snorted: "You have a little heart!"

"Zhongyang, you say This is not right, do you think the males in our tribe are as powerful as you and Meng Sheng? We don't send out a few things, so how easy is it to run into a female or a female who also likes you."

Meng Sheng lowered his head and laughed, then pulled a vine and slid to the bottom of the cliff: "Be careful with yourselves, I will pick two orchids if I don't snatch the flowers with you." The

male cheered: "Meng Sheng, it's really interesting!

After pulling three or four orchids, he returned to the cliff and saw that Zhong Yang was still bragging to the males: "Aren't you going to order?" "

I don't know who to give it to."

"Whoever looks good will give it to him. "

Zhong Yang pulled his eyelids: "I didn't expect you to be such a superficial male." Meng

Sheng smiled: "Let's be prepared, in case you meet someone who suits your eyes."

"I've already prepared it." Now , it's a stone ornament."

"Okay, you stinky boy." Meng Sheng raised his foot and kicked Zhong Yang's calf. The two dragged their prey and ran back.

The two returned to the food distribution hall, which was different from when they went out in the morning. A lot of flat slates had been placed on top, presumably for the convenience of putting food in the evening.

Not only that, but the older generation of the tribe also came one after another. They only came to eat food and watch performances, and to see if there were any natives in the tribe who satisfied them. Then they could let their sons or daughters express their feelings. good feeling.

After Meng Sheng handed over the prey to the females in charge of dinner, he found a corner to rest. This grand event seemed to have a strong meaning of blind date.

I don't know if he mentioned the issue with Qiu Juan before, or because he didn't meet the flower-tailed fox that Zhong Yang mentioned after going out for a long time. In such a lively environment, he was a little lacking in interest.

I wanted to talk to Qiu Wan for a while, but seeing Yashe was busy preparing dinner and laughing happily with his friends, he didn't have much to do to join in the fun.

He rested his hands on the back of his head, leaned against the stone and looked at the gray sky, bored, and even hoped that the time would go by faster, the event would be over, and then he and Qiu Wan would hold hands and go back.

Just thinking about it, a thin voice suddenly sounded in his ear. He recovered and turned to look at a very thin female standing beside him at some point.

He quickly stood up straight, and found that the female was a little short, almost reaching his chest, looking up at him, with particularly large eyes, a very watery female, which he had never seen before.

The female opened her rosy lips slightly, and should have called him more than once.

"You have something to do with me?"

"Well." The female nodded, and then she said nervously, "Can I ask you one thing?"

Meng Sheng looked at the stunned little girl and asked patiently, "What's the matter? The

female took out a bunch of animal tooth necklaces from behind, tiptoed slightly and handed it to him: "Can you help me pass this to... Zhongyang?" When she

mentioned this name, the female was obviously very cramped. , lowered his eyes, his long eyelashes were unobstructed, and his face turned red involuntarily.

Meng Sheng held the snow-white animal teeth in his hand. He was surprised that such a delicate and small girl actually liked a rough guy like Zhong Yang, but the girl kindly asked him, and Zhong Yang was his good brother, so there was no reason for him to be beautiful.

"Okay, I'll help you hand it over to Brother Zhongyang!" The

female blushed even more when she said this: "Thank you."

"By the way, you have to tell me your name, otherwise how would he know? Who sent it." The

female hurriedly waved her hand: "No, he doesn't need to know my name."

Before Meng Sheng could say anything, the female nodded to him and thanked him again, then turned around and ran away.

"Hey!" Meng Sheng wanted to stop someone, but he didn't expect that he was not tall, but he ran very fast. He shook his head helplessly, just like Zhong Yang's wooden fish brain, this little girl has such a shy personality, it seems that things is difficult.

He put the necklace away, smiled with his lips hooked, and went to find Zhong Yang in the cave.

The sub-female, who was cleaning her prey in the distance, glanced at the smiling male from a distance, her hands stopped, and her bright eyes suddenly darkened a bit.

"Qiu Juan, what are you doing, wash it now, the water in the stone pot is boiling, so it's time to cook the food."

"Well, it will be ready soon."