Chapter 47

Midwinter is here, and the weather is unbelievably cold.

After building the stone pots for the disadvantaged in the tribe, Meng Sheng originally planned to follow Qiu Juan's plan to teach the method of smelting, but the weather in winter was changeable, and if he didn't pay attention, when he woke up early in the morning, there was a thick blanket outside the cave. Layers of snow.

Not to mention the vast expanse of whiteness, it is not easy to dig yellow mud by the river, and it is even more difficult to find ore.

He was here for the first winter, and the further back he went, the more difficult the days would be. The part of his leg that was not covered by animal skins had already cracked from the cold. Heating, I don't know how bad the situation is, no wonder the chief said that winter is the biggest test.

Every winter, there are more or less people who can't handle it. First, there is insufficient food, and second, they can't stand the severe cold.

However, this year, most of the indigenous people have already felt very lucky. When the severe cold is coming, they have mastered the technique of using salt, and they have learned how to pickle and store food. Moreover, they have a stone pot, and they can always have hot water and hot water. food.

"Hey, hot feet."

Meng Sheng sat in front of the stove, a calf-high wooden bucket filled with hot water touched his lap, and he put his foot into the bucket: "When will there be a bucket at home?"

He stared at the wooden barrel with the bottom and the handle. Although it was a little rough, it was strong and watertight.

Holding something in his arms, Qiu Juan sat down next to the male and whispered, "You said before that your tribe uses buckets. After listening to your description, I made one."

"It's really creative." Meng Sheng grinned. Mouth, put one hand on the shoulder of the female female.

Qiu Fan turned to look at him: "What is creativity?"

"It means being able and smart!" Meng Sheng said and pressed his mouth to Ya'er's face, and a hard object suddenly stuck to his mouth, he frowned, and took it down with his backhand: "What is this? "

Mother said it was made according to your shoes, but I don't know what the materials are, so I can only use animal skins instead, and the thick soles can only be replaced with wood."

Meng Sheng looked at the animal leather shoes carefully . The leather is made of leather, and the rabbit fur is sewn by the internal force, and it is very thoughtful that there are insoles. The overall shoes are not too fancy, just like cotton shoes. Even so, it was enough to surprise him.

In this winter, he has shoes that he can't wear, so he can only go barefoot as the locals do. God knows that his feet are now the same as a piece of wood.

"How about it?" Luo hasn't been out of the cave since it snowed. He stayed in the small cave where he rested all day, just studying Meng Sheng's set of clothes and shoes, and his son happily took her finished product. After taking it away, she quickly chased it out.

Meng Sheng is now playing the role of the head of the family, and the two have gradually begun to attach to him. When they can make something worthwhile, they both want to be recognized by the head of the family.

"That's great! Mother, the shoes are made very well, so you don't have to freeze your feet when you go out!" The admiration in Meng Sheng's tone reassured both of them.

Meng Sheng wiped his feet dry and stuffed them into the animal leather shoes. A long-awaited feeling of restraint and warmth came over his feet. He guessed the ground, and his eyes lighted up: "Just fit!"

"Mother looks very big. Accurate, not to mention the shoes you used before, of course they are suitable."

Meng Sheng walked back and forth in the cave, trying on shoes, the soles of the feet were made of wood, and they didn't follow the feet. It was troublesome and stiff when walking, but he couldn't stand it. The huge effect of warmth and cold protection is a great improvement in general.

"With the shoes, I can keep out a lot of cold!" He took off the shoes and scratched deep lines under the wooden board with wolfberries: "Mother, do this under the soles of the shoes to prevent slipping."

Luo hurriedly went to study : "I said that the one you gave me has some strange lines on the bottom. It turned out to be for anti-slip, but I thought it was for good looks!"

"Mother's hands are so clever!" Tired took this opportunity to sneak into his mother's cave, and kept taking out all the things he had made in the past few days.

"I just said that Brother Meng would like what my mother does, but my mother still doesn't believe it."

Luo looked at his son and took out the animal skins, and it was too late to scold him.

"Brother Meng, take a look. Mother has already made all the clothes these days, but I'm too embarrassed to show it to you. I don't think it looks good."

Meng Sheng hurriedly followed up with the animal hides and lifted them one by one. Kai, there are round necks and long sleeves of animal hair, a coat, and trousers... What

shocked him is that the coat has buttons, which are made of animal bones, and there are still buttons on the waist of the trousers. Elastic! These clothes are made in the same way, with animal fur on the inside and leather on the outside, pure cowhide!

Luo looked at the male staring at the animal bone buttons, and hurriedly explained: "I can't find the one on your clothes, so I will replace it with another animal bone."

"Great! Great!" Meng Sheng has already started He was so amazed that he was so happy today. For the first time in this world, he felt a sense of creation other than himself. For a long time, he was creating by himself, and then passing it on. The people here are all in one. In a passive state, a person's power is always small, and he has to stimulate the creativity of the indigenous people in the tribe!

Qiu Fan looked at the unreasonably happy male, and his face was infected with a smile. He held Luo's arm: "Mother, don't say you can't do anything in the future. Brother Meng likes the clothes you make."

Luo nodded, she also gradually got used to calling animal skin skirts clothes, and then accepted the classification of males, shoes, pants, and tops: "You can do it if you like it, I'm worried that what I made is out of order, when the time comes, you guys Wearing it out will make people in the tribe laugh, after all, Meng Sheng and you are both honorable people in the tribe now." Meng Sheng

understands the worries of women, and the birth of a new thing often receives strange looks from others.

He showed his encouragement to the creator with his actions: "Mother, I'll go and put these on."

Luo smiled and said, "Go!"

Meng Sheng returned to his small cave, put on his pants first, then put them on After putting on the long-sleeved base, and finally putting on the jacket, I felt refreshed instantly. With the addition of shoes, I felt like my life had entered a new era.

When he walked out, the two of them gathered around. Luo was looking at what else he needed to improve, and how to adapt to the weather and make new styles.

As for Qiu Juan, he felt that the tall and handsome male seemed to be even more handsome after putting on a suitable suit.

"It's suitable, it's suitable! I have nothing to do and continue to do it." Luo's eyes were full of smiles.

"But there aren't many animal skins in the cave anymore." Qiu Lan said, "I see if I can hunt more rabbits or something, and then I'll have more furs to make clothes and shoes."

"It's okay, you can use the original ones. The animal skin skirt is remodeled, I see that the animal skin skirt before is made of wool and animal hair, which is very warm, and it will be much more convenient to wear after the transformation." Meng Sheng stretched his hands and feet, very flexible, the most important thing is that the pants can be Wrap him all up and don't have to show his skin anymore.

Luo nodded again and again: "Okay! Listen to the two of you. In the future, everyone in the cave will wear clothes."

"Not only our cave, but my mother's technique is very skilled. Later, we will popularize clothes in the tribe. We can also exchange clothes for things at trade fairs in the future!"

Meng Sheng thought about it for a long time. If it is because it can create such great value for the tribe, it is willing to make these clothes day and night, like when a person reaches her age, it is often the most useless time, can't hunt, can only consume food, it is completely a burden to the younger generation, Now that she was told that she could not only contribute to the children in her cave, but also to the tribe, she was so excited that she couldn't help herself.

"Really, really?"

"Mother, of course! No matter what season it is, clothes are a must, it's really important!"

Meng Sheng talked with Luo under the joy of not wearing an animal skin skirt. Many styles of clothes, hats, scarves, etc., scarves have existed for a long time. After all, he and Qiu Juanshi depended on a scarf for success. Now that white and supple scarf is hung in a small cave for him!

In the snowy days that followed, the family of three started a big creation. Luo was still making clothes, while Meng Sheng began to mend the furniture. With the metal tools, many things were easier to handle and the efficiency was high.

First of all, he polished the stones into bricks and built a stove with yellow mud on the outside. The stone pot was not squatting on a few short stones, and he had to squat to cook. Made some simple benches out of wood.

When cooking in the cave, you can sit on the bench and make a fire.

After Qiu Juan honestly made four or five buckets in the cave, he made large and small basins under Meng Sheng's guidance. While Meng Sheng was making chopsticks, spoons and forks, the man slipped out to hunt with bows and arrows.

It was extremely cold outside in winter. Qiu Juan was used to wearing clothes made by Luo in his cave, and he was unwilling to change into a heavy and inconvenient animal skin skirt. He wanted to go out hunting in new clothes, and he had not practiced arrows for many days. , he was afraid that his housekeeping skills would be unfamiliar.

In the white wilderness, the prey either hibernates or hides, and the hunting grounds are quieter than other seasons. Unless there are particularly powerful males, no one will come out to hunt at this season, because there are too many insecurity factors.

He didn't dare to risk his life. He hunted some birds and caught some small prey not far from the cave. He heard from Meng Sheng that he would invite Zhongyang Tang Dun to come over for a meal in the most severe cold. It's time to eat when ordering food, and the fur can make clothes for his mother. It's been a long time since he saw her mother do something with such high spirits. It's a good thing that she can regain her confidence and find something to do.

Meng Sheng made more than a dozen sets of knives and forks, and when he opened his mouth, he called Qiu Juan, wanting to show off his finished product, but no one answered.

"Isn't this kid in the cave? I'm afraid he ran out to hunt!"

Meng Sheng quickly put on his shoes: "I'm going out to look for it."

"Hey! Hey!" He just came out of the cave, two males carrying a wild boar, Stepping on the thick snow and yelling at him.