Chapter 45

It took half a day for the couple to chop down trees without much rest, and the range of activities outside the cave more than doubled.

Meng Sheng cut down the tree according to the shape of a rectangle. In the end, the scope of the cut was almost the same. Outside the cave was a square dam.

Later in the day, he picked off the fallen branches, and together with Qiu Juan, he carried all the wood that was left with the trunk to the side of the cave and yarded it for building a house in the future.

As for the branches that were picked off, the big ones were kept, and the other smaller ones were directly burned into charcoal fire.

After the outside of the cave was cut wide, it was fine in cloudy and rainy days. When it was sunny, the whole cave was more than half lit up, and there was a feeling that there was nowhere to hide. For this reason, Meng Sheng used the branches of the cut trees to make a cave door to cover it. Live almost as before.

After the weather returned, the couple smelted metal tools together in the same way as before. At first, Meng Sheng was the only one doing the work, but this was the first time. Knowing the procedure, the two made a new stove together, and went to pick up ore and go back to smelting.

After the winter, the temperature is getting lower and lower every day. Fortunately, the weather is good, and the cold is cold. After a heavy rain, it has not rained or snowed for several days. The couple took advantage of these days to refine a lot. tool.

What kind of knives, hoes, simple tools are all available, Meng Sheng even made a saw, which is convenient for sawing wood.

After refining the last batch of tools, Meng Sheng chose an axe and prepared to send it to Zhongyang. He wanted him to try the new tools. It would be better to promote it in the tribe at that time. Just as his forefoot was about to leave, the males who had not appeared for many days were instead. came first.

"Zhongyang! Meng Sheng was talking about going over to find you just now."

Luo was feeding the sheep outside the cave with some chopped wild vegetable leaves. Stronger.

Zhong Yang looked outside for a long time, and then came back to his senses when he heard the female voice, kicking a stone under his feet, he stumbled over and walked over: "Why is this happening, it suddenly opens up so much, if it weren't for Luo Auntie, you called me and thought I was going to the wrong place."

Luo laughed: "It was Meng Sheng who said he would plant some places in the coming year. He thought the original place was too small, so he cut down the tree."

Zhong Yang Stepping on a tree stump that was as wide as two large pots, looking at the square ground, there were more than a dozen large stumps, not to mention the small ones, and I couldn't help but feel suspicious, Meng Sheng didn't follow Qiu. Tired of becoming a lifelong partner, just because of his temperament, would he be willing to spend his time on work? It will take at least two or three days for these trees to be cut down.

Not only that, the trees that were cut down have been cleaned up, and the big tree trunks have been cut into several sections and neatly yarded next to the cave. You know, cutting a tree into several sections is equivalent to cutting down a few more trees. The tree work, the pile of tree trunks that are formed into a triangle and taller than a person, will probably take several times more time than cutting down a tree.

But it was strange to say that he went to the pile of tree trunks specially. The incisions of these tree trunks were relatively neat. They were not cut by stone tools, but were caused by sharper weapons. He knew Meng Sheng's weapons, and the machete was indeed It's very sharp, but that weapon has an arc shape and is too thin, so it can cut down trees, but if you need to cut so much, the weapon will already be at a loss.

Meng Sheng treasured that weapon very much, and he couldn't be willing to use it to chop down trees. What was the madness to make such a trick?

He craned his neck and asked Luo in a low voice, "Meng Sheng quarreled with Qiu Lan again?"

Luo didn't know. So, from the current point of view, the two children are living together pretty well: "Why do you say that? They used to often Quarrel?"

When asked back, indicating that there was no quarrel, Zhong Yang immediately shook his head. He only remembered that Meng Sheng had gone to the Beast Forest to kill him last time because Qiu Juan went mad. Most of the time, the relationship between the two was so good that people would be jealous. It is enough that he knows the matter, there is no need to say it to make the elders worry.

"No, I'm just wondering why Meng Sheng spends so much time chopping down trees. He and Qiu Juan only became partners not long ago, and it was his style to stick to Qiu Juan's side all the time."

Luo laughed: "the two of them The trees that people cut together are cut down in one day."

"One day!" Zhong Yang glared at him like an ox.

Luo Zheng was about to explain to him that Meng Sheng came out of the cave: "You still know how to come here?"

Zhong Yang raised his thumb and raised his chin toward the surroundings: "What is this for?"

"How? Not bad, right?"

"What's not bad, Aunt Luo said you made it these days?"

Meng Sheng walked out of the cave, went to the wood pile, and put one hand on the wood: "I'm not alone, and Qiu Wan helped. "

Don't say it's two people, even if you add me, it won't be so fast."

Meng Sheng didn't answer, he took out the axe that was on his belt and was about to be given to someone, and chopped it back on the wood, piercing the axe. The broken bark was firmly eaten into the wood.

"Chopping with this thing is much better than a stone tool." He raised his eyebrows: "Try it."

Zhong Yang was skeptical. Although this thing was a little more special than the stone tool, it was not heavy to the touch. Feeling that there is no weight of stone tools, even if Meng Sheng slammed into the wood with such a light swipe, he didn't feel that it was sharp.

He took out the axe and touched the blade with his fingertips across the board: "What is this?"

"I gave a name, the axe."

Zhong Yang asked, "Where did it come from?" go.

Originally, he didn't care much about it, but he heard a click, and the axe was deeply inserted into the wood. He pulled it twice before pulling it out, and his face was full of surprise: "Hoo, how much strength did I use? It's so easy to use for such a small piece of light!"

Meng Sheng shook his head, how could it be so exaggerated, how could metal have no weight, but it was indeed not as heavy as the big stone that Zhong Yang usually carried.

For a moment, the male had already chopped off one of his wood with an axe: "What are you doing, my tree is still useful!"

Zhong Yang was completely immersed in the use of the new tool: "That's great. You did it, where did you do it?"

"You did it yourself, if you are used to it, just use this one."

"Really give it to me?"

Meng Sheng raised his eyebrows: "You look like you can't put it down. Do you want to give it back to me?"

Zhong Yang laughed loudly: "I knew that you are the most generous, and you have never disappointed me with what you have done."

Meng Sheng spat, and the male face just now was poor. The words "disgusting" were written, but Qiu Lian was the only one who really believed in him.

"By the way, I almost forgot what I came to do with you!" Zhong Yang threw the axe on his waist, for fear that Meng Sheng would go back again: "These days, many people in the tribe go to cook cooked food, and the public stone The pot is not enough at all, and I can cook food for three or four households in one day, and I was pulled to help. My father said it would not be a problem. Now everyone likes to eat cooked food, but few people have stone pots. , most of the people can only look at the public stone pot, taking advantage of the free time, my father asked me to go to the cave where there is no stone pot to help build the stone pot."

Meng Sheng frowned, he really ignored this problem, but came to help Building a stone pot is a good opportunity to gain favorability.

"Hey, come with me!" Zhong Yang touched the axe and said happily, "This thing is strong, maybe it will come in handy at that time."

Meng Sheng nodded: "Don't tell me, I will do it. The new tools can really come in handy."

He led Zhong Yang into the cave, Qiu Juan was packing up the newly made tools, and he saw the male greet him.

Zhong Yang withdrew his gaze from the small cave, and immediately focused his gaze on the two stone pots again, and immediately slandered: "No one else even has a stone pot, Meng Sheng, you actually used two!"

"My mother and I moved here, stone pots. It's a pity to lose the pot, so I brought this one too." Qiu Wan patted the ashes on his hands and explained a little embarrassedly.

Zhong Yang immediately understood: "Aunt Luo also moved here?"

Qiu Jian responded.

"That's quite lively."

Seeing that the two were chatting hotly, Meng Sheng interrupted: "Are you still looking at tools?"

"Look!" Zhong Yang hurried over: "Of course!"

Qiu Juan classified the tools After finishing, it was all piled up in banana leaves, which was enough to show how precious he was to metal tools.

Through these busy days, there are about thirty pieces of metal tools, but there are many small ones, and only a few decent ones.

Meng Sheng took out the only three stone chisel nails: "I'll use this and the axe to hit the stone pot later."

Zhong Yang squatted in the pile of tools, turning over the same way, not only looking, but also using , did not hear his words at all. Qiu Juan was also good-natured, and next to the male, he introduced the name and performance of the tool to the male, and the two talked happily again.

One was excited, the other was proud, and automatically pushed him aside.

Qiu Yan finished introducing all the tools. He wanted to explain to Zhong Yang how to do it, but when he looked back, he saw that his partner's face was already black and stinky, so he reluctantly stopped talking.

"Hey, Qiu Juan, tell me quickly, how did you do it?"

Qiu Yan coughed dryly, got up and walked over to Meng Sheng's: "Brother Meng really wants to explain to you."

Zhong Yang groaned at Zhong Yang.

"Are you going to chisel the stone pot yet?"

"Of course you are going, let's go!"

Qiu Lian said, "I'm going too."

Meng Sheng didn't refuse, but he wished that his daughter-in-law was always under his nose and the couple Go ahead with the tools.

Zhong Yang howled: "Wait for me!"

After saying that, he slipped two more tools from the pile of tools and put them on the belt of his trousers.