Chapter 61

On the cool autumn night, the light of the torches swayed unevenly in the wind.

"Is it really going to be smashed?"

"No, come here to watch the stars without sleeping in the middle of the night?"

Meng Sheng snatched the hammer from Zhong Yang's hand, and threw his arm on the city wall that had been built during the day, making a dull sound. , the city wall collapsed in half.

The four males in the night crouched down in amazement to check the bricks scattered on the ground: "How could this be! When we first started building, we clearly tested the stability, and now it is broken with a hammer."

Meng Sheng's eyes were calm . , I checked the bricks once, and there was no cement on the bricks on the ground, indicating that the builders did not use cement to bond the bricks at all. The city wall built in this way, with cement sand and gravel on the outside, looks different from other places after it is plastered. There will be a difference, but its shortcomings will be exposed when it is hit.

"Where did Kong Jia build?"

Zhong Yang didn't know what was done in Kong Jia's construction, but he still knew where it was built.

"You've only been gone for two days, and he's been building here for the past two days."

Meng Sheng said lightly, "Smashed up all the places he built, and repaired them. It must be strong."

Tang Yu listened to his words and said, Loudly: "This kid has done some wicked things, and he is not doing his work well. He does some superficial work. If he doesn't catch him and smear his face, why should we fill him up in the middle of the night!"

It's as simple as stealing and cheating. If it's true, it's much easier to deal with. Since Zhongyang told him that Kong Jia took the initiative to send people from the Miaoyuan tribe, he thought it was very suspicious. Miaoyuan tribe.

He patiently said: "You guys take a good look at the terrain where Kong Jia built the city wall."

The three of them knew the terrain here even if they didn't hold the torches, and the tribe was all too familiar with them: "If there is no city wall here, you can go straight through the house and go straight to our cave."

Meng Sheng nodded, if A group of foreign enemies rushed in when it was about to get dark. Not only did they not need to smash the city-state, but they could directly kill the aborigines who were about to prepare for dinner and were exhausted physically and mentally after a busy day, which was very convenient.

After being woken up like this, the males felt a deep chill on their backs. Even with the worst malice, they never thought that people who had lived in the same tribe for so long would do such a thing.

"I know you will definitely not accept it, but once my guess is right, you should know what will happen to our tribe. Of course, if I guess wrong, then it's better." Meng Sheng gave the bricks first. Putting on cement, he rebuilt the broken city wall on his own: "No matter what Kong Jia is for, we must be prepared."

"Meng Sheng, we all listen to you, this matter really shouldn't be taken as a trivial matter. Kong Jia really didn't do anything good in the past two years." Tang Yu first promised that he had personally seen Kong Jia who had done wicked things regardless of human life, and he believed that he could do things that would harm the tribe.

"I knew he was like this now. Back then, he was afraid of going into the wild beast forest. Why should we try our best to rescue him and hurt Meng Sheng?"

Tang Dun complained, and naturally expressed his attitude. Zhong Yang was not to be outdone: "Meng Sheng, Just tell me what you want us to do."

Meng Sheng laughed, all he had to do now was to pretend he didn't know anything and follow Kong Jia's plan. superior. In the meantime, he also let Tang Yu walk around with Kong Jia from time to time, and immediately told him if Kong Jia had signs of leaving the tribe.

After another five or six days, the city wall in the tribe was finally completed. Several males worked during the day and had to work at night, and their spirits were not very good, but the spirit of the completion day was a rare boost.

The indigenous people also hoped to move into the house before winter, so they took the initiative to ask Meng Sheng to lead everyone to build a stove and a kang, so that the city-state could be completed together.

Meng Sheng did not agree. Instead, he asked the natives to make a large number of bows and arrows before winter, and encouraged everyone to hunt.

"Didn't the priest say that construction is important, didn't let everyone go hunting before? What's going on now?" Kong Jia laughed coldly.

Meng Sheng didn't care: "Qiu Juan spent so much time teaching the people in the tribe to shoot arrows, so it's time to check the results. Besides, our tribe's food this year is indeed not as much as last year's, so it's a good thing to save more."

Kong Jia sneered, quite arrogant that he didn't listen to my opinion at first, but now he knows what's wrong.

"Also, if you have the opportunity to practice archery, you should seize the opportunity to practice. If there is any tribe that does not have long eyes in the future and wants to invade our tribe, we don't have to stand directly in front of the enemy."

Kong Jia's pupils shrank, and It was only for a moment, but he maintained the expression on his face: "The priest really thinks a long way."

"Let's go, hunting!"

Zhong Yang followed, and smiled: "What is this person doing? If you are not satisfied, you go to the front. "

Watch closely."

"Understood."

Meng Sheng didn't go hunting with the tribe, but asked Tang Dun and Tang Yu to arrange some things, and asked the two males to go to the Qiupo tribe to get seafood back to prepare for the winter.

When the tribe was hunting at night, Zhongyang said that Kong Jia injured his hand while hunting and could not go hunting the next day. Meng Sheng's heart was clear. At night, he and Zhong Yang hid on the only way out of the tribe, and saw Kong Jia hurried out of the tribe with his own eyes.

The two looked at each other and hurried back to summon all the young and middle-aged people in the tribe, arranged for defense, and asked the natives to keep the matter tight-lipped and not to disturb the rest of the tribe, especially the Kongjia family.

Two days later, it rained in the evening, and the natives of the tribe went home very early. After the fall, the rain was even cooler than the cold. It was the most comfortable time to huddle in a cave and bake a fire.

Kong Jia stood at the entrance of the cave watching the drizzle, his expression dark and unclear.

"Brother Kong Jia is going out? It's raining." Tang Tong was cooking when he saw the male standing at the door and stepped forward and asked with concern.

"I'll go out later, take your child to bed earlier, it's cold outside, don't let the child get sick." Kong Jia hugged the female and said gently.

"Okay." As the

night began to spread in the tribe, Kong Jia went to the city wall to the west. In the distance, he heard a heavy crash, his eyes lit up, and he hurried over... Finally coming!

"Hey! Kong Jia, why are you here so late!"

Zhong Yang stood on the high city wall and beckoned to him, his expression condensed: "Why are you here? No, it's you!

" The indigenous people came out one after another and set up arrows to shoot out of the city wall.

"The people in the Miaoyuan tribe want to occupy our tribe, of course we are here!" There was

a noise outside the city wall, the dull sound of arrows, and the sound of wood hitting the city wall. He stood under the city wall and could not see the outside world. .

Meng Sheng appeared behind Kong Jia at some point, grabbed the male's arm and dragged it to the city wall, and the scene outside suddenly entered his line of sight.

There are about three or four hundred natives outside the city wall. Some of them have fallen into the traps to defend against wild beasts.

The priests of the Miaoyuan tribe were guarded by the natives far away from the city wall. After seeing Kong Jia's face, he scolded inarticulately: "Kong Jia! What the hell is going on! You didn't say that the city wall here was built by you. Yes, is it easy to smash it! At this time, the people of your tribe are all in the cave, and it is the most relaxed time!"

Meng Sheng stood on the city wall and pressed Kong Jia's shoulder: "Priest, you are too awake. , Kong Jia is the deputy chief of our tribe, what you say and do must be for the sake of our tribe, you are also a priest, why are you stupid enough to think that the deputy chief of our tribe will do things that harm our tribe."

Kong Jiayan It was full of panic, he didn't expect Meng Sheng to have such a hand, and now he is not human!

"Go! We were deceived by Kong Jia!" The people of the Miaoyuan tribe dropped their waist-thick trunks, stopped hitting the wall, and ran outside. Two meters away from the city wall was a trap dug with wooden boards. The natives rushed up in a panic, and some rolled into the trap.

"Escort the priests away!"

Meng Sheng led the people to chase them out, shooting arrows from a distance, which was not as good as Qiu Juan's archery skills.

"You don't have to chase in, they can survive out of the wild beast forest to count their fate."

Some indigenous people worried: "What if they come to our tribe in the future?"

"Don't worry, they have to have a tribe."

Meng When Sheng took the people back, the weak people who were preparing to eat in the cave heard the movement and ran over in the rain. Zhong Yang took the people to stop them from seeing the situation outside.

In fact, conflicts between tribes have existed for a long time. Everyone is not unfamiliar with these things. In the time of Grandpa Zhongyang, there were tribes that invaded the Yilin tribe. At that time, no one could shoot arrows, and there were no advanced tools. , All were close hand-to-hand combat, and many heroic males lost their lives, including Zhong Yang's grandfather.

Zhong Yang was still very young at the time, but he knew that the fight had always been a pain in the hearts of the older generation. When discussing defense strategies before, he offered to try not to disturb the weak in the tribe as much as possible.

"The people of the Miaoyuan tribe have been driven away. Don't worry, everyone is cleaning up the site and taking the children and the elderly back. Leave these matters to the younger generation of our tribe." The

natives asked anxiously: "How could it be? So suddenly, do we have many casualties?"

"It's not an emergency, it's already planned, no one in our tribe lost their lives, only the injured, it's fine."

Zhong Yang was discouraging, and suddenly saw the crowd come in. Qiu Juan, he hurriedly shouted: "Oh, Qiu Juan! Why are you here! If it's a little bit, why don't you want to kill Meng Sheng!"

Qiu Jian saw people coming here one after another, and only a few words heard the Miaoyuan tribe They came to invade their tribe. Thinking that Meng Sheng had never returned, he was so anxious that he rushed out regardless of the rain.

"Where's Brother Meng? Where is he, is he okay!"

Meng Sheng just came back just now, and asked the aborigines who followed him to clean up the corpses outside and go in first.

As soon as he returned to the bottom of the city wall, a figure rushed into his arms.

"Why are you here! You're all wet, hurry up, go back inside and hide." Meng Sheng touched the top of the person's hair, his hands were wet, and he hurriedly led the person inside.

Meng Sheng took Qiu Lan to the nearest grand hall, and the aboriginals followed subconsciously, and even Kong Jia was pressed in.

"The reason why the Miaoyuan tribe came to invade our tribe this time is because of Kong Jia. What about him? Let's execute him."

The males who participated in the battle already knew about it, but the rest of the aborigines were still kept in the dark. For a while, everyone talked a lot and pointed at Kong Jia.

When Kong Jia left the cave, his face was full of spring breeze, but in a blink of an eye he was being held like this. He really couldn't figure out why Meng Sheng still held him.

Meng Sheng was also kind, helped him fill the city wall, and made it clear about monitoring him.

"But I'm also curious, how on earth did you move the Miaoyuan tribe." As far as Meng Sheng knew, the priests of the Miaoyuan tribe were wise, otherwise they would not lead a tribe to grow and develop.

Kong Jia snorted coldly: "Who is not greedy, the tribe refused to make good friends with them, I will throw out another condition, promise to give them what they want after the completion of the matter, and of course they will agree to help me.

" The method of smelting metal tools, by the way, I will teach them to build houses later."

Kong Jia didn't answer directly, it was a default: "Even if I didn't do these things, our tribe smelted these things, sooner or later, other tribes will be attracted, but it is Sooner or later."

Meng Sheng guessed that Kong Jia would have these in exchange, but he thought that the priests of the Miaoyuan tribe would hesitate, but he still overestimated him, and the attraction of advanced things to people is fatal.

"Weak tribes will be at the mercy of others. Without advanced items, facing the invasion of other tribes will only suffer more losses. It is your idea that is too old. All of our tribes are looking forward, but you are the only one. , I have been unwilling to move forward."

Meng Sheng looked straight into Kong Jia's eyes, the male seemed to be stabbed, at this moment, just that moment, he felt that he was really inferior to Meng Sheng, and for him In other words, it was a fatal blow.

He has always hated Meng Sheng. Without him, he would definitely be able to become the chief smoothly. Qiu Juan would return to him in his plan, but because of him, everything could not be realized.

He kept biting his breath, feeling that he was no worse than Meng Sheng, until he sacrificed the lives of the tribesmen in exchange for his status, but in the end, Meng Sheng saw through it early.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault." He bowed deeply to the natives in the tribe: "I shouldn't hurt everyone and the tribe because I was tired of Meng Sheng."

He turned around and apologized, everyone. Silent, just when the natives relaxed their vigilance, he suddenly raised his head, his eyes sank, and he rushed towards Qiu Lan who was standing in front of the crowd.

He grabbed the person, he grabbed the person's neck and dragged him back with a smile on his face: "Qiu Lian, I haven't had a chance to tell you for so long, but I still like you as before."

"Kong Jia, let go . Qiu tired!" Meng Sheng roared, wanting to rush over to take the man back.

Everyone was in shock, but they didn't expect Kong Jia to counterattack.

"Don't come here." Kong Jia took the man out. He stepped back and said to Qiu Lian, "You can accompany me to death, this time I don't even want Tang Tong."

Qiu Lian frowned, not daring . To move around, he can only cooperate with him and walk backwards, he is afraid of hurting the child.

"I really regret that I didn't let the arrow out." Qiu Wan's voice was low, resisting the suffocation in his throat, he touched his waist with his right hand, and turned his backhand behind him. He heard the dull voice of the knife cutting through the flesh: "But I said earlier, if you come close to me, I will definitely not be merciful."

Almost at the moment when the knife stabbed into the body, a sharp arrow flew out and stabbed into Kong Jia's right shoulder.

Kong Jia's hand throbbed and let go, and Qiu Wan took advantage of the situation to get rid of the confinement.

Meng Sheng rushed over and hugged the person in a messy pace, and kicked Kong Jia into the trap with one kick.

"Are you hurt?"

Qiu Tuan grabbed Meng Sheng's arm tightly, his face turned pale, and his body slid down: "My stomach hurts..." The

experienced Asian female gathered around: "Is it true? It hurts the fetal gas, send Qiu Lan back!"