Chapter 49

"Priest?"

"Our tribe has only had one priest since its existence. If I hadn't mentioned it today, I would have almost forgotten that there is such a position." After

Zhong Yang announced, the pan exploded in an instant.

"Isn't it too hasty to make such a big decision just after becoming a chieftain?" Kong Jia's voice was low. Although the name of a priest was about to be forgotten by everyone, he knew that this existence was very special. The real power does not have much real power, but if you build enough beliefs, your status will even be higher than that of the chief.

He lost the election to be the deputy chief and was on a par with Tang Yu, and he was already aggrieved enough.

Zhongyang has strong ability, but he has no brains. Even if he is a chief now, he will have a way to make him unsteady in time, but if Meng Sheng assists Zhongyang, and these two stinky boys join forces, things will not be so simple. .

So no matter what everyone thinks, he must stand up against him first. He winked at Tang Yu next to him: "What do you think?"

Tang Yu was about to speak when Tang Dun called him from a distance and saw his younger brother frown. raised eyebrows, he opened his mouth, but didn't say anything.

Zhong Yang said: "Does Kong Jia think this decision is hasty?"

"There have been no priests in the tribe for so many years, it is reasonable, it means that the priests are generally not able to take responsibility, and now arbitrarily push a person to this position, is it still okay? Isn't it sloppy enough?"

"Why do you think Meng Sheng is incompetent?" Zhong Yang paused and said, "Of course, what I said to you is one-sided, so let's look at everyone's opinions.

" With eight tongues, the voice grew louder and louder: "Agreed, Meng Sheng is indeed very capable. If there is no suitable position, it would be a waste!"

"Yeah! Meng Sheng has taught us a lot of things, he is very suitable to be a priest!"

One person, or even a few people, the voices of approval grew louder and louder. After that, everyone cheered directly and asked Meng Sheng to go up and say a few words.

The people's reaction was undoubtedly to settle the matter. Kong Jia's face was gray and black. He didn't expect everyone to believe Meng Sheng so much. Tang Yu secretly rejoiced. Fortunately, he didn't stand up and say anything against it, otherwise he wouldn't be able to. Become everyone's public enemy.

Meng Sheng was pushed onto the sacrificial platform by everyone, and there was no handover ceremony. After all, he was too far away from the previous priest.

"Zhongyang said he would manage the tribe well, so I promise everyone here that I will lead the tribe to live a better life!"

He didn't say much, but he sounded like a reassurance for everyone.

After the election, the things of the previous term were gradually handed over to the new one. Zhong Yang was considered to be inheriting his father's business. Many things were actually familiar to him since he was a child.

When the natives of the Yilin tribe felt that it was no different to have more priests, and it was time to go out hunting, the new priest and the chief gave orders for the first time.

Meng Sheng prepared the yellow mud and ore samples that needed to be smelted for metal, and recruited the older generation of the tribe, whose hunting ability and aborigines had declined. The stronger males were responsible for finding stones, while the sub-females made the stoves.

These old and weak people live around the caves on weekdays, and their lives are very idle. They are even unhappy because they can't find anything to do. Smelting is actually not a lot of work, but the process is complicated. It is just right to gather these people.

As for the older females, without Meng Sheng saying, Luo has already gathered with these people to make clothes in the warm spring light.

The old, the weak, the sick and the disabled have their own things to do. The young, strong and young people who have not yet been arranged to go out to hunt can't sit still and come to Meng Sheng one after another.

"What you have is to do."

Meng Sheng has a thorough understanding of the terrain of the tribe. It is backed by mountains, with rivers and land. Topographic map: "This is our tribe, and now we need to cut down most of the trees in the tribe." The males think it makes sense. After all, the ice awls on the trees in winter are too scary, and they can be cut down. There is no treatment because everyone has to hunt, and stone tools are inefficient for tree-cutting, and no one wants to spend all their time on it, but now the metal weapons made by Meng Sheng are very sharp, and it is too easy to cut trees.

"Treat the branches of the cut down tree, and let the smelter burn it into charcoal. As for the main trunk, leave it behind and clean it up like this." Meng Sheng pointed to the tree trunk outside his cave.

Everyone nodded again and again: "Meng Sheng, we all listen to you."

"What Meng Sheng, a priest!" Someone hurriedly corrected him.

Meng Sheng just called them whatever they wanted. After the first batch of metal tools were made, the males began to work hard when they got the weapons.

He, a priest, was so busy every day that he had to run to several places to guide him. Now, the food supply for the family of three was all relying on Qiu Juan to go out for hunting.

After everything was arranged, when the natives could manage their own affairs, he finally got a moment of leisure, but he didn't dare to stop, grabbed the tail of spring, and began to exchange the food from the food court one after another. The seeds are sown.

The sky of the tribe is getting brighter day by day, Meng Sheng's sweet potatoes and potatoes are falling into the ground one after another, as well as the pepper seeds from the previous year, some seasoning seeds are sown and sprout. Get up and try to let the chickens out. The new batch of chickens can still fly seven or eight meters high, but after all, I haven't learned to fly since I was a child. rummaging for insects to eat.

Meng Sheng is very satisfied with this effect.

"Brother Meng, are you planting vegetables again? I'm back."

He was hoeing the vegetable field with a hoe on his back, when he heard a clear voice above his head, and when he looked up, he saw Ya-hen throwing a wild boar on the ground, all covered in Mud, his face was also scratched, it was the first time he saw his wife come back in such a woeful way.

"What's wrong?" He wiped Ai's face with the corner of his sleeve.

Qiu Juan didn't care: "Didn't you say you need to raise more prey? I wanted to bring this wild boar back alive, but I was kicked a few times."

Meng Sheng turned to look at the wild boar, with three arrows stuck on its head, as if She was completely dead, and it was estimated that she was out of breath and sent out three arrows for disposal.

"It's really not easy to catch alive, so tomorrow I'll teach you to dig traps and catch alive."

Qiu Juan shook his head: "Not tomorrow, I'll teach you how to practice arrows tomorrow."

After speaking, Qiu Juan suddenly thought of something: "Or you can teach me outside the cave, and I'll go out after I learn."

Digging traps is actually really slow, compared to direct hunting, but in order to catch live animals for breeding and domestication, it's time to get rid of hunting to fill the stomach , the process is more troublesome and must be done.

He dug a small hole with a hoe, then inserted sticks and sticks at the entrance of the hole, spread a layer of weeds, and finally sprinkled a handful of stones: "How about it, isn't it very simple, this stone is equivalent to eating, when the time comes Put it on it, and the prey will fall off when it eats it."

"It's very simple, but it takes time to dig a pit."

"Yes, you also have to mark the entrance of the trap to prevent people from the tribe from falling into it."

"I see." The

couple are discussing the trap. , suddenly shouted: "Priest, a new batch of metal weapons has come out, everyone let you have a look." Meng Sheng responded: "Let's go now

."

The master leads the door to practice by himself. After he teaches the methods and methods, he lets the indigenous people play by themselves. First, he is too lazy to care about such meticulousness. Hundreds of people.

The tribe chose a separate piece of land for smelting, which is some distance from the range of life and far away from the river. After all, the smelting residue and waste are not good things, and the primitive ecology is very good. This little smelting pollution is nothing. But he also didn't want anyone in the tribe to get sick because of heavy metals, the primitive medical conditions were really bad. When he arrived at the smelting site, Meng Sheng didn't come here for half a month. The simple and simple stove had more than doubled in size. Seeing him coming, Tang Dun, who was disgraced from smelting, heard the news. ran over.

Tang Dun's interest in smelting far exceeded the rest of the aborigines in the tribe. Meng Sheng also thought that it would be good to have a young and powerful male to take care of him, so he specially discussed with his brother and asked him to be in charge of this place. Although Tang Yu disagreed with him. He's too kind, but he's concerned about Tang Dun's affairs. Since he can contribute to the tribe and he likes it, he agrees with Meng Sheng's proposal.

"Meng Sheng, come quickly, come quickly!" The male didn't care about his dark hands, he directly pulled Meng Sheng and walked inside. Of course, Meng Sheng didn't dislike it, after all, he only drenched the vegetable field with dung.

"Look at the new things I made." The male took out two things from the charcoal pile like a joke.

Meng Sheng got his eyes fixed immediately and couldn't help but sigh that his choice was too correct. The working people have a lot of innovative thinking in production activities! With a brick and a clay pot in his hand, he completely saved himself the steps of learning and then teaching.

Seeing that he hadn't spoken for a long time, Tang Dun thought that he had made a treasure, and it was not worth mentioning in front of the priest: "I just fiddled with it while firing, and I don't know if it would be useful."

"It's useful! It's very useful. It's over!" Meng Sheng pointed to the brick first and said, "This brick, you can build a new stove, and you can build a very large one. With masonry as the inner bottom, you can put yellow mud on the outside to make a stove. It will be much more stable, not only that, it has many uses, it can build a house, and build too many things!"

"Brick?" Although Tang Dun was very puzzled, his big mouth was cracked and he was recognized and said that he created it by himself. The things that come out are very useful, and I feel so fulfilled in my heart, and my whole person is erratic.

The busy aborigines around were listening carefully, and someone responded, "Tang Dun, the priest called you brick!"

Tang Dun nodded quickly: "Okay, the name is very suitable!"

"Then what about this? Let's take a name for this too!" He said, holding up the mud pot that everyone laughed at and said it didn't look like a thing.

"Let's call it pottery." Meng Sheng flipped the thief-heavy clay pot and was quite interested: "It will be easy if you know the firing technique. Come on, let me tell you about this pottery."

"Give it to me . Get some clay."

After finding a stone, Meng Sheng began to teach on the spot to knead the mud, to ensure that the mud should be soft and free of impurities, and the most important thing is to knead it evenly.

"After the mud is kneaded, it can be made into various shapes. In fact, it doesn't matter what it looks like, as long as it can hold things, and the weight is easy to handle, too thick and inconvenient. Look at our wooden barrels, yes It's not that the wood is not thick." Meng Sheng said, making a pottery pot with a big belly out of the mud.

Qiu Wan also helped to rub the mud, and made a plate by rubbing mud sticks.

Meng Sheng patted Tang Dun's shoulder with great relief: "I'll help you get here, the rest is up to you."

"It's up to you!" The

natives cheered, probably envious of Tang Dun being praised by the priest. Or maybe excited to create something new again.