Endow Me

Excuse any typos or spelling mistakes

July 31st, 1986

Dorinda's POV

Dorinda: Who is it?

Unknown: Room Service

Dorinda didn't order room service, and being a hardcore 'Cagney & Lacey' fan since season one, she grabbed the mail opener on the desk and checked the peephole. It was Drew; he was holding a pizza and four bottles of Coca-Cola. Dorinda opened the door and looked at him.

Drew: It's half pepperoni, half sausage.

Drew walked past Dorinda, put he food on the desk, and walked into the bathroom.

Dorinda: Look, Drew, this is really nice of you, but I'm tired. Okay, I've got a lot on my mind, and I still need to go over my part of the sermon for tomorrow.

Dorinda heard the bathroom water turn on for a few seconds, then off again.

Drew: Alright, so let's go over it together. We are a team, remember?

He was right. They were a team, and a great one at that. Drew came out of the bathroom, grabbed the box of pizza, and sat on the bed.

Dorinda: Boy, you better get off my bed and eat that mess on the floor!

Drew: My bad.

Drew plopped down to the floor and began eating. Dorinda watched him as he devoured the slice in 5 seconds.

Drew: You want some?

Dorinda: No, not now. Come on, let's go over this sermon.

Dorinda sat on the bed and opened up her Bible.

Drew: I thought there was no sitting on the bed?

Dorinda: Boy, I said no eating, and don't worry about my bed. How about you mind the business happening on the floor?

*Two hours later*

Drew: I think it sounds good, Doe!

Dorinda: Yeah, me too.

Drew got up and started to stretch his legs.

Drew: Are you sure you are okay?

Dorinda was on the verge of repeating the same words she had said before: "I'm okay, don't worry," but this time she couldn't bring herself to say it. She wanted to let it all out and cry; she felt completely defeated.

Dorinda: He doesn't like me traveling; he hates it, actually.

Drew: Did he say why?

Dorinda: Well, to sum it up, he said that I'm a failure as a wife and a mom and that I need to be home more.

Drew: I doubt he said that, Doe.

Dorinda: Basically, he did

Dorinda puts her head down and begins to cry. Drew walks over to her, bends down, and hugs her.

Drew: Aww, Dorinda, don't cry. Come on now. Don't cry, sweetheart.

Dorinda: I just don't know what to do. I love Greg and I adore my daughter, and I want to be home with them all the time, but I feel that this is what God called me to do with my life. Aside from singing, he gave me this one gift of my own, but I can't lose my family. I just can't.

Dorinda once again puts her head down and cries. Drew just hugs her tightly, stroking her hair. She soon stops crying and looks up at Drew. There she saw this beautiful, kind, understanding man who was holding her so tightly and lovingly in a way her husband no longer did. She looked at this man and saw a small piece of light, and like any lost person, she went towards it...