Chapter 36

"What an absolute upset we've just witnessed. Mighty the team that was predicted to be the champion has to go home on the first day of the playoffs. Who would have predicted this" the commentator commented.

The whole stadium was filled with gasp of disbelief. Mighty has just lost to the dark horse of the tournament Vamos in an embarrassing way. Two straight matches lost and they were send home in the first day of the playoffs. A total upset but not that surprising since everyone have their doubt already on them.

"Yeah you're right. Absolutely a stunning view that we've just witnessed. They've been really struggling since the group stage and just barely able to go through it. Yet most of us still believe that they can turn it around especially after we see Ego back. But wow this is just shocking, even with him back mighty still got beaten 2-0 with a shocking score of 13-2 and 13-7. That's just shocking. Props to the other team for beating them, still I have to say that this is a very bad run from the Korean giant"

"Do you think this might be the end of their era?"

"I'm not sure yet. But with the injury that Ego suffer that made him has to step down from the team, and also the performance we see here. Things might be looking dangerous from them. We've got to see more if they can perform in the next tournament or not since they already secured a ticket there from being the champions of the previous tournament prep//on"

"Yeah that's right we need to see more from them in the next tournament, but nice try to team mighty. Now we're gonna pass the stage to our friends Mario who are already with the winning team right now. Mario it's now your time" the focus then change to the onstage mc who's interviewing one of the player from the winning team.

Meanwhile all participating members of Mighty are walking down the hallway towards their waiting room. The air around them is dull, everyone is disappointed with their lost, Youngjae even cried now and is being calmed down by their coach. They're then welcomed by the rest of the team in the waiting room who immediately cheering them. All the players who just played immediately scattered around the room, one similarity between them all is that they're having their head down in disappointment.

"Nice try guys. We fought well, lift up your chin. Be proud of yourself. We have tried our best but it's just not quite working for us this time. Take your time guys, clear your mind and let's come back stronger. We're lucky because we already got the chance to prove our worth immediately in the next tournament a few weeks after this, so we better give our best to prepare for that one" their coach said to them during their team talk. He tried to keep the team morale in the best condition possible at the time.

Everyone is having a hard time now, but one player have it harder than the others and it's Jinwoo. He was burdened a lot when they decided to play him at the playoffs instead of Yunyang. It was a given that everyone would be having their attention on him since it has the feeling that he's there to save the team. Yet he failed to do it, in fact in the span of the two games he was underperforming.

"I'm sorry everyone. It was my fault that we lost. I should've taken better good care of myself also discuss with you about the injury earlier on. I wasn't able to play at my best level, either. I basically brought this team down with me."

"We've agreed not to blame on an individual when we got bad results. This game is about team play, the burden is shared to all members of the team. It's not your fault Jinwoo don't blame yourself too hard. You've tried your best, you've even forced yourself to play, I'm so touched by your effort. But I've to say this now too, this will be the last time I'm forcing any of you to play when you're injured. So after this we'll be focusing on playing with Yunyang in the place of Jinwoo" their coach said to remind them that they can't blame an individual in this team.