Chapter 1

Song of the chapter: Can't Fight This Love by Austin Mahone

Emily's POV

"Emily, knock it off."

I silently giggled as I watched Lucy play with Austin's hair. It was early in the morning, and I was giving Lucy the honor of waking her daddy up by herself. She was having a great time, just sitting at his head with her hands in his brown curly hair. I was sitting on the edge.

"Emily," he groaned again. "I'm serious, stop. I'm exhausted."

"It's not me." I told him.

He opened one eye tiredly and immediately smiled at the sight of Lucy. "Well good morning to you too, you little shit." He sat up and scooped her up, setting her on his lap so she was facing him. "So are you my new wake up call? Mommy doesn't get to do it anymore?"

Lucy just smiled and kicked her feet. She had definitely figured out the sound of our voices, that's for sure.

"Mommy still gets to do it," I grinned, leaning over. Austin gave me a quick kiss before getting out of bed.

"Guess what day it is," I said.

"Sunday?" He asked, bouncing Lucy lightly.

"Guess again."

"Monday?"

My face dropped in anger. "I can't believe you."

He burst out laughing. "I'm totally kidding, Ems." He crawled out of bed with Lucy and kissed her cheek. "It's Lucy's birthday! Happy first birthday, princess."

"Don't do that," I sighed with relief. "I actually thought you forgot it was her birthday."

"No way. Besides, you've been talking about this party for so long, how could I?"

He was right. We were having a party for Lucy to celebrate, and I had been talking about it for a while. I just wanted everything to be perfect for her.

The past year had been extremely hectic, but Austin and I had made it through, with some fights here and there. Bottom line, raising a baby was NOT a piece of cake, especially so young. Austin was turning 21 in a couple of months, and I turn 21 two weeks after him. So, yeah, we'd be breathing birthdays for a while.

"Can you go feed Pancakes while I give Lucy a bath?" I walked over to the joint door and into the baby's room. "I haven't been downstairs yet."

"Yeah, sure. Uh, Emily?"

"What?" I called as I rummaged through drawers.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" He walked into the doorway and gestured at Lucy with a raised eyebrow, who was in his arms sucking on her fist.

Sucking on her fist was already one of her habits. I was surprised she hadn't gagged on it yet. I kept trying to pull it out of her mouth and tell her no, but she didn't listen.

"Oops," I said sheepishly as he handed her to me. "Sorry, Lucy. Mommy's distracted."

"I tend to have that affect on the opposite sex," Austin smirked as he leaned against the doorway, shirtless with just his grey sweats on.