Chapter 12

Song of the chapter: Daylight by Maroon 5

Emily's POV

I shut the door and went back to the kitchen to find Lucy asleep on Pancakes, who was also asleep.

"Seriously? How does that even happen?" I wondered quietly. I walked over to the two of them and gently picked Lucy up.

I brought her upstairs and tucked her in, sticking her monkey beside her. I smiled softly down at her and turned on her night light before leaving her room.

Austin was in the kitchen opening the pizza when I came back down.

He looked up as I walked in. "Where's Luce?"

"She fell asleep on the dog, so I took her to bed," I explained as I slid onto a stool at the counter.

He handed me a piece of pizza. Pepperoni and mushrooms, my favorite. I smiled. "Thanks."

Austin grinned. "So how's the song coming for the campaign?"

"Ugh, I've barely got it started. I had to make a cake for Taylor because the power went out at her place."

"Why wouldn't she just get Alex to do it? I mean, he may be abnormal, but he sure can cook," Austin said.

"That's true," I agreed. "Eh, whatever, I'll just work on the song later tonight."

"You sure you want to do that? Don't you have to work tomorrow morning?"

"Yes, I'll go to bed at a decent time, don't worry," I assured him.

"Alright, if you say so." Austin sighed happily. "God, I love this pizza!"

I starting laughing and he chuckled. "What's so funny?"

"You have pizza sauce on your nose," I told him through my laughing.

"What? Where?"

I reached forward and smeared sauce on his nose. "Right there."

"Oh, you're funny," he said as I burst out laughing again.

"Oh, don't be mad, Rudolph," I grinned.

"Oh, that's it," Austin started as I shrieked and jumped up, running behind the table. "You can run, but you can't hide!"

"You'll have to catch me first," I shot back grinning. Austin went to move around the table, but I was quick and shot past him and into the living room.

"Austin, go away!" I laughed as I stopped running and turned around. He tried to grab me, and I was trying my best to block his hands. I was laughing too hard, though, and he snagged me around the waist and smeared sauce on my nose.

"Hey! Don't boop my nose!"

"Then don't boop mine!" He replied.

We stared at each other before bursting out laughing. "Dude, you look ridiculous," I giggled.

"I don't know. I think I kinda rock this look," Austin said seriously, which only made me laugh harder.

I slipped my hands around his neck. "I love you. You know that, right?"

He smiled. "I do. And I love you, too."

He bent to kiss me and when we pulled away, I reached up and licked the sauce off his nose. "Did you just lick my nose?" He exclaimed.

"Yep!"

He bent down and licked mine. "There, now we're even."

I shoved his shoulder playfully and we went back to the kitchen. Austin smacked my ass on the way there and I shrieked. "Austin Carter Mahone!"