Chapter 80

This was the only picture I found with Austin in a boot. Don't mind the shoe tho 😂 idek what that is lol 😂😂😂

Song of the chapter: Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls

Emily's POV

"A week, Emily, a week!" Quinn said excitedly over the phone.

"I know, I can't believe it's already been a month since Austin started his tour," I replied, smiling into the phone. "Holy pickles. I'm going to be Mrs. Mahone in one week."

"How is it going with the tour, anyway? We've seen headlines on the front pages of papers."

"It's great," I said. "Austin isn't being a grouch anymore because he can actually dance now."

"His leg is good?"

"Now it is, yeah. All because of me. Had I not made him rest and ice it every day and had it been up to him, he'd be in surgery right now."

"True, true," Quinn said. "Hey, Jesse wants to talk to you. Hold on."

I waited while she got my brother. There was some ruffling around before he came on. "Hey."

"Hi, how are you?" I asked him. I hadn't seen him in a month, and I missed him.

"Not bad, you?"

"I'm good. Quinn said you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah, I did. I, uh, went out for lunch with mom yesterday."

I sat up straight on the bed. "Really? How'd that go?" Jesse had been keeping his distance from our mom for a long time, and I didn't blame him. I guess he had stopped now and was making an effort.

"Surprisingly well. I mean, it was kind of awkward at first since I hadn't seen her in so long, which was my fault, yeah. Whatever, I needed my space. Anyway, it got better after that and I guess we just caught up on all the lost years."

"So you two are good now?" I asked hopefully.

"I guess you could say that," he said.

"Well, I'm glad you guys worked it out finally," I told him. "And I'm sorry she put you through all that."

"Don't apologize to me, Emily; it's not your fault. But I've got to go, I told Quinn I'd take Sheridan to her dance class while Quinn is at work."

"Dance class?"

"Yeah, she started a couple of weeks ago. But hey, she likes it."

I laughed. "That's good then. Alright, I'll talk to you later. Say hi to everyone for me."

"Same to you. Later." He hung up.

I hung up as well and went into the main part of the tour bus where Austin. We were the only two on the bus because Taylor and Alex had taken Lucy out for a late lunch.

"Did you get my request?" I asked him, plopping down next to him. He was playing video games.

"What request?" He asked, distracted by the people killing each other on the TV screen. He only played it when Lucy wasn't around because she didn't need to be seeing that kind of stuff at such a young age.

"My pickle request."

"Um, there's a jar of pickles in the fridge," he replied.

"Not that kind of pickle request..."

"What-? Oh. Oh...Oh!" he said. He paused his game. "Well, why didn't you say so..."

I grinned as he enveloped my lips with his. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down. "Are we really doing this on the floor?"

"We've done it on the piano, Emily, the floor is nothing," Austin said from on top of me, causing me to burst out laughing.

"Okay, fine, but we have to be quick; Alex and Taylor are going to be back soon," I muttered against his lips as I yanked his shirt off

"Okay, fine, but we have to be quick; Alex and Taylor are going to be back soon," I muttered against his lips as I yanked his shirt off. Mine quickly followed, and just as he threw my bra behind him...

"And I'll be flowin' and goin' till clothing disappears and nothing but shoes on me," my ringtone started flowing out of my phone. "All night show with just you and the crowd, doing tricks you've never seen. And I bet that I can make you believe in love and sex and magic."

"Ugh," Austin moaned in frustration, resting his head on my shoulder as I couldn't help but laugh. "And of course that ringtone is convenient for this."

"Can you hand me my phone?" I giggled. "It's up on the counter."

He reached up and grabbed it, handing it to me. I was completely aware that I was lying half naked underneath him on the floor of his tour bus, even though my long hair was hanging over my chest all the way to my belly button. We could make a fortune if that was a photo shoot.

I tapped the answer button when I saw it was Taylor. "Kinda busy trying to have sex, Taylor."

Austin snorted with laughter. "So subtle."

"Emily, you guys have to come down to Grady Memorial now!"

She sounded frantic. "Taylor, what's wrong?" Austin looked at me more intently now.

"It's Lucy."

I bolted upright, practically throwing Austin off of me. "What's wrong with Lucy? Taylor, what happened to her?" Austin's eyes widened and he grabbed my shirt and bra, and threw them at me.

"We don't know; we were just eating and she started to swell up and breathe heavy so we rushed her to the hospital. Just hurry!"

"We're coming." I hung up and yanked my clothes on.

"What happened to Lucy?" Austin asked. We both put our shoes on and bolted out the tour bus door to our rental vehicle.

"Taylor said she started swelling up and breathing heavy, but they don't know what happened."

"She's not allergic to anything, though."

"Oh, my baby," I exclaimed, eyes burning. Austin floored it out of the parking lot. I looked at him and started to cry. "Please be alright, please, please, please."