Chapter 86

Song of the chapter: Mama's Song by Carrie Underwood

Emily's POV

"Austin, hurry up, the guys are here!" I yelled up the stairs as I bounced Lucy in my arms.

I heard footsteps rushing down the stairs and he appeared, still in his pyjamas and looking totally unkept. "You look crazy," I said at the sight of him.

"I figured I'm going to be shoved into a tux soon, so why bother trying to look decent now?"

I thought about it for a second. "Good point. I respect your thinking."

He grinned and I set Lucy down so he could give me a big kiss. When we broke apart, I gasped. "Holy shit, what was that for?"

"Just because I love you so much and in like, four hours, you're going to be my wife and that makes me really freaking happy because I just adore you, okay?" he said

I smiled. "Okay, then I'm not complaining. I'll see you soon."

"I'm sorry, I just can't stop smiling right now," Austin said. He grabbed my face and kissed me three times before bending to kiss Lucy on the head. "Love you both. Okay, I really have to go."

"Have fun spending your last few hours as an unmarried man!" I teased after him as he heading for the door.

"Same to you. Except you know, as an unmarried woman, not man." With one last wave and huge grin, he left, and I heard them drive away shortly after.

"Where are those girls?" I asked Lucy.

"Home!" she replied.

"Well, they better not still be at home," I told her.

As if on cue, the door burst open and Leah, Quinn, Taylor, Sheridan, my mom, and Austin's mom came through the door.

"Who's ready to get married?" Leah exclaimed.

********

"Oh, Emily, you look so gorgeous," my friends and family gushed as Quinn finished up my last curl.

"Yeah?" I smiled, admiring myself in the floor length mirror. Quinn had worked her magic on my hair; it was up in a curly bun with braids flowing through it. Leah had done an amazing job on my makeup; it was a soft brown smoky eye with a nude lipstick. My eyebrows were penciled to perfection, my skin flawless.

"You didn't get a vail, Emily?" Austin's mom asked.

"Nah, I didn't want one," I replied. "I think the dress speaks for itself."

My mom was close to tears. "Oh, honey."

"Mom, please don't cry, because then I'm going to cry and my makeup is going to be ruined," I told her, patting her arm and then hugging her.

My three friends were in their bridesmaids' dresses, which I had chosen to be dark purple that went to the length of their knees. My mom and Austin's mom had done their hair for them, and I had to say, I had definitely underestimated their talents. Quinn's hair was in a slick ponytail, her straight across bangs hanging perfectly. Leah's was just curled, and my mom had straightened Taylor's ringlets so that they hung in beautiful waves.

"You guys look gorgeous, too," I smiled. "And of course, my little baby and Sheridan look stunning as well!"

Sheridan and Lucy were the flower girls, so they were dressed in the same dress, which was a baby pink color. Their hair matched as well, with two pigtails.

"Come on, we'd better get down there!" Michelle said. I looked in the mirror one last time and stroked my hair. I was ready for this wedding.

Happy thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all had a great day and I hope you didn't eat too much turkey! lol

I love you all

Mahonestars