Chapter 60

I'm about to flood you guys with tons of pictures for this chapter 😏😊

Song of the chapter: Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne

Austin's POV

"She'll be okay, Austin."

"I should have been here, I should have stayed to protect her, I know I shouldn't have gone on that tour, I-"

Taylor grabbed my shoulders. "Austin, snap out of it! There was no way you could have known someone would break into your house."

"It's my fault...it's all my fault," I whispered as I started biting my nails in worrry.

it's all my fault," I whispered as I started biting my nails in worrry

"Dude!" Alex spoke from the chair beside me. He was holding Lucy, who was fast asleep in her blanket in his arms. "Don't you dare say it's your fault. She fainted because of blood loss from that broken lamp; Emily is going to be just fine."

"She's still unconscious, Alex! It's been seven hours since she passed out!"

"Austin, please relax," Taylor said. "You'll get to see her eventually. They're probably stitching her up as we speak."

We were all quiet for a minute before Alex spoke up. "Good thinking going in from the backyard, Taylor."

"The cops never would have let us past them if we had gone in the front," she replied before hesitating. "What did you see when you got inside, Austin?"

I took a deep breath. "When we got out of the car, I bolted inside ahead of you guys and the first thing I saw was blood. Alot of it."

Taylor shuddered, and Alex grabbed her hand.

I continued. "I ran into the kitchen and found Emily out cold on the ground with these two detectives and paramedics around her. The one detective was holding Lucy; he must have grabbed her before Emily went down. When I saw that the blood was streaming from Emily, I freaked. You know the rest."

"The one paramedic had to restrain you," Alex said. "And they did CPR on Emily-"

"That's why they restrained him," Taylor corrected. "He was screaming for her."

"Guys," I said, gesturing to myself. "Still in the room here."

They didn't even hear me. Or chose to ignore me. "When that didn't work, they threw an oxygen mask on her-"

"- loaded her up on the stretcher-"

"-Put her in the ambulance. Then the paramedics tried CPR again-"

I slapped my hands over my ears. I really didn't want to relive the moment. "If I don't hear it, it's not true, if I don't hear it, it's not true, if I don't hear it, it's not true!"

"Sorry," Taylor said sheepishly. "We'll shut up now."

"Austin Mahone?" A female doctor had appeared during their little explanation. "I'm Doctor Mitchell."