Chapter 33

Song of the chapter: Talk Dirty by Jason DeRulo

Emily's POV

"Hey, guys!" Quinn said as she greeted us at the door. "Wow, you all look awesome!"

"Thanks," I smiled. I had managed to make my hair look like Jasmine's and Austin looked like Aladdin. He had even temporarily dyed his hair black, but it was just for that night. It washed out in the shower. "So do you!"

"Thanks," she laughed. Quinn was dressed as Cat Woman.

"Awe, Mace, you look adorable," she smiled. Lucy was wearing a little genie outfit, her hair in a top ponytail. She didn't even throw a fit when I put her in it, surprisingly. She doesn't really like anything that's not pink.

"Sheridan has been waiting for Lucy all day," Quinn said as we followed her into the house. Sheridan was dressed as a little fairy and as soon as she saw Lucy she shrieked and ran over. Austin set Lucy down and she walked over to play with Sheridan.

"Are Taylor and Alex here yet?" I asked. There were already a lot of people at the party.

Quinn nodded. "I saw Alex at the punch bowl, and Taylor was talking to your mom, I think."

"Okay, thanks," I said. "I'm just going to go find Taylor."

"I'll watch Lucy, Austin, you can go find Alex," Quinn said.

"Thanks, Quinn, I won't be long," he promised before hurrying off. I went to find Taylor, and sure enough, she was talking with my mom. Taylor was a cowgirl and my mom was a witch.

"Hey!" Taylor greeted when she saw me. "You look hot, girl!"

"Thanks," I grinned. "Hi, mom."

"Hello, honey, how are things? We haven't talked in a while."

It was true, I hadn't talked to my mom in a while, but with everything happening lately, it was hard.

"I know, mom, and I'm sorry, I've just been really busy lately with Austin's tour coming up, and the ankle, and Lucy-"

"It's fine, honey, don't worry about it," my mom said. "I understand."

"But to answer your question, I'm great. Except for this ankle."

"How much longer do you have the cast?"

"A week, and then I'm in a walking boot for two more weeks," I told them.

"At least it's better than those crutches," Taylor said.

"True."

"How cool is this party?" Taylor exclaimed.

"It's very cool!" I agreed.

"Oh, I saw Jesse earlier. I think he's dressed as Batman."

I inwardly smiled. That made sense, since Quinn was Cat Woman. I noticed that my mom winced when Taylor said Jesse's name.