Chapter 47

Song of the chapter: Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran

Emily's POV

"Quinn, I seriously feel so bad, just let me buy you another dress," I told her over the phone. It was a few days after the club and I was finally done with the hangover. NEVER AGAIN.

"Emily, it's okay, it was a cheap thing anyways. Don't worry about it!"

"Well, let me take you out for coffee or something then."

She sighed. "You never quit, do you?"

"Nope. I'll pick you up in an hour!"

"Alright, see you then," she said.

We hung up and I turned to Lucy, who was bouncing in her jumper. "Well, mommy tried, but Auntie Quinn won't let me buy her a new dress. So stubborn."

"Sounds like someone else I know," Austin said as he came into the living room, Pancakes trailing behind. She went over and sat beside Lucy, resting her head on the side of the jumper protectively.

"Oh hush," I told Austin.

"What did Quinn say about the dress?" He asked, flopping down beside me with his plate of nachos.

I turned sideways, throwing my legs on top of his his. "She won't let me buy her a new one, so I'm taking her out for coffee in an hour."

"I didn't think she would let you," he said, shoving a nacho in his mouth. "It's Quinn. Besides, it's not like you could help it; you were wasted."

"Yes, we know how drunk I was. Please stop reminding me!"

"I should be reminding you since you can't remember anything from that night," he shot back.

"Hey, I faintly remember taking shots with Quinn standing beside me. And she yelled at me."

Austin looked at me. "She never yelled at you."

"Oh. Guess my memory is fuzzy."

"Duh," he replied.

I reached over and tried to grab a nacho, but he slapped my hand. "Hands off, these are my famous nachos. The cheesiest ones you'll ever find."

"Not true. Your dad's are to die for."

"With the exception of dad's," Austin sighed in defeat. "But where do you think I learned how to make them?"

"Wanna go make me some since you love me? I'm starving."

Austin looked at Lucy. "What do you think, Luce? Should I make mommy food, or let her starve?"

Lucy giggled and clapped her hands. "No, honey, that wasn't an answer," Austin said.

I laughed. "Please go make me some?"

"Well, since you said please, I guess so." I pulled my legs off his so he could stand up.

"Thanks, babe!" I called after him. "Better make them quick, I have to pick Quinn up!"

"Perfection takes time," he replied from the kitchen.

I picked Lucy out of her jumper and carried her into the kitchen. "Can you watch her while I go get ready?"

My boyfriend motioned for me to put her down, so I did and let her play with Pancakes on the ground while I hurried upstairs to change. It was cooling off outside now that it was nearing winter, so I put on skinny jeans with a grey long sleeved shirt and a red infinity scarf. I slipped on ankle boots and left my hair down, spraying on some perfume before heading back down.

"You're lucky I finished making them," Austin said, sliding the plates of cheesy nachos towards me as I sat down at the counter.

"These look delicious," I said as I ate one. "Oh my god, these are so good. From now on, you make me nachos, I don't buy them anymore."

"Only if you pay me."

"Austin!"

He burst out laughing. "I'm kidding! You should have seen your face!"

"That's not funny," I glared.

"Lucy thinks it is, so that's two against one." He motioned for me to look down and Lucy was sitting there smiling at Austin.

"Or she's just being remotely adorable towards you," I told him.

"Either way is good."

I smiled and rolled my eyes before finishing off the nachos. "I'm going, I don't know when I'll be back," I told Austin, putting my plate in the sink.

"Just call me or something if you'll be out late. And no drinking!"

"Of course I'm not going to drink, I have to drive!" I said, shocked that he would even say that.

"You do have another girl with you who has her driver's license," Austin pointed out.

"It's a coffee shop, you idiot."

He pretended to stab himself in the heart. "Now that hurt."

I rolled my eyes and stood up to kiss him. "I'll see you later."

"Bye," he replied, picking Lucy up. "Come on, sweetie; let's go watch My Little Pony. I want to see what happens to Rainbow Dash after her and Apple Jack got in that big fight. Drama!"

Still as childish as ever.