Chapter 31

Song of the chapter: That's My Kind Of Night by Luke Bryan

Emily's POV

"Hey Emily, how about these?" Austin called from somewhere close in the store. I looked around the rack I was skimming through to see him a few racks away, Lucy sitting in the stroller beside him. He was holding up two costumes. One was Jasmine, the other was Aladdin. "Lucy could be like, the genie or something!" Austin said excitedly.

"That Jasmine costume is kinda slutty, don't you think?" I hesitated as I crutched over to them.

"Are you really going to ask me that question?" Austin said. "I'll reply no to everything."

"Ha ha," I said as I rolled my eyes. I pulled at the fabric. "Can we just try and find something else?"

Austin sighed. "Fine. But Lucy was really looking forward to wearing a genie costume."

"I'm sure she was," I giggled. I went back to skim through the rack I was at before. A few minutes later, I found something. "Oh my god, Austin, what about these?"

I held up an Ariel and Prince Eric costume. "Lucy can be Melody!"

"Ha, no." Austin said. "Besides, how are you going to do the tail?"

"It has a long green skirt that looks like a tail."

"Do you know how annoying it's going to be shuffling in that tight thing all night?" Austin said.

"It's not that tight," I protested.

"Mommy, why is Austin Mahone shopping in the Disney section?" some random little girl said. Her mom shushed her and they hurried away.

I started laughing and Austin playfully shoved me. "Thanks for defending me."

"Oh, come on, she looked like she was four!"

"Well, I think we should go with the Jasmine and Aladdin idea," my boyfriend said.

"Ariel and Eric."

"You have the hair for Jasmine!"

"How?" I challenged.

Austin pretended to be stumped. "Um, let's see. Oh yeah. It's really long, thick, and brown!"

"My hair isn't that long. And it's not all brown!"

"Emily, it's as long as Kylie Jenner's. And that's pretty much at your belly button. And okay, it's blonde as you move down, but it's still better than the Ariel hair. You're not a redhead."

"It comes with a w-"

"Emily, can we please just go with me on this one!" Austin interrupted, exasperated.

I sighed. "Okay, fine, I'll wear the Jasmine costume."

"Yes! Don't worry, you'll look hot in it," Austin grinned as he put the costumes on top of the stroller and pushed Lucy towards the register, me trailing behind.

"I better," I commented. I grabbed a bag of chocolate, two magazines, three lip glosses and two nail polish bottles and tossed them onto the conveyor belt. "These are for making me wear it."

Austin rolled his eyes and got out his credit card as the lady at the till rang us up. When we finished paying, we heading to the food court to eat. As usual, we got shameful looks from parents, fanatic ones from teenage girls (Well, Austin did), and some people wanting autographs and pictures. Some people also wanted to see Lucy. We couldn't go anywhere anymore without any of that, but we didn't mind. We were used to it.

"What time are we going to Quinn's tonight?" Austin asked as we sat down

"What time are we going to Quinn's tonight?" Austin asked as we sat down. I sat Lucy in one of the highchairs provided in the food court and handed her some crackers.

"Around six, that's when everyone else is going. Lucy needs to have a nap first before she goes."

"Are Alex and Taylor going?"

"Yeah, you didn't know?"

"Well, truthfully, I haven't hung out with Alex in a while," Austin admitted.

"What do you mean? You guys are like brothers!"

"I know, it's just, I haven't had lots of free time. I've been busy rehearsing for my tour almost every day and I've been helping you around the house with your ankle for the past five weeks, plus taking care of Lucy adds to it. But he understands, he's been busy with helping his parents with renovations on the house anyway."

"It kind of makes you think, doesn't it?" I said as I bit a fry.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we're all 19 now. You and I have a baby together. It's scary to think we all might drift apart."

"Emily, that'll never happen," Austin said.

"You said it yourself, Austin, you haven't talked to Alex in weeks!"

"We're both just busy with our lives. That doesn't mean we aren't going to stop being friends. Alex and I have been best friends since we were in diapers, same with you and Taylor. I promise you, babe, we'll always be Team Austin, no matter what."

I sighed and grabbed another fry. "I hope so."

"I know so. Now stop worrying, you'll get wrinkles."

"And that's a bad thing?" I said, raising my eyebrow.

"When you're 20....yeah."

"Yeah, I know, I'll stop," I said.

"More cwackers!"

"More crackers?" Austin asked as he shook some onto the tray of Lucy's highchair. "There you go, sweetie."

"Yay, daddy!" she shrieked before snagging them and sucking on them. After we all finished eating, we went back out to the vehicle. As soon as we got in, my phone rang. "Who would that be?" I wondered aloud as I rummaged through my purse and pulled it out. "Hello?"