Chapter 7

Song of the chapter: Birthday by Selena Gomez

Emily's POV

"I know you, I danced with you once upon a dream," I quietly sang to myself as I put my earrings in. I just finished watching Sleeping Beauty with Lucy, and the song was now stuck in my head. It was a beautiful song, though, so who cares.

"The gleam in your eyes is so familiar- oh god!" I was cut off by arms sliding around my waist from behind and lifting me off the ground.

"Happy birthday, Ems!" Austin said happily as he spun me around.

"Austin, put me down!" I laughed.

He finally did and dipped me before he planted a firm kiss on my lips.

"What was that for?" I smiled when we broke apart, lightheaded.

"Well, I figured since you were singing a princess song, I'd sweep you off your feet like Prince Charming," he said. "Plus, it's your birthday. I can't believe you're 21," I giggled. "You make me sound old. You're 21.! You're older than me by a few weeks."

"Touché." He flopped down onto the bed. "Sorry I wasn't here this morning when you woke up. I wish I never had to go to the studio last minute."

He shrugged. "It's fine, you can't help it. I watched a movie with Lucy anyway."

"Where is she?"

"Sleeping."

"Ah. Well, Taylor and Alex said for us to call them when we want them to come over, so when is that, exactly?" He asked me.

"Lucy's probably going to be out for a while, but whenever is fine." I grabbed the baby monitor and headed downstairs, Austin following.

"I'm making a birthday supper tonight, so you either need to leave for a while, or stay out of the kitchen," he told me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you now? You don't have to do that."

"I want too. And I'm starting like right away, so no offence, but get out now."

I raised my hands to my shoulders. "Alright, I'm going. I'll be upstairs." I turned around and went back up the stairs, not knowing what I was going to do. I decided I would read for a bit.

I grabbed my book and jumped onto the bed, making myself comfortable. I made it about ten minutes before I had to stop. "I have absolutely no motivation to read right now." A completely random idea hit me. "I know..."

I crawled off the bed onto the floor and took my shoes off. "Alright, Emily, you can do this. It's just a cartwheel," I told myself. "It can't be that hard."

I still didn't know how to do a cartwheel, so I thought I would teach myself now. Almost like a birthday present to me from me. Plus, our room was huge, so I had tons of room to be flipping around.

My first attempt was a complete fail. I got as far as putting my hands on the ground before I fell on my knees. "Okay, maybe it is pretty hard," I groaned as I got up to try again. "I am going to get this. All you do is put your hands down and turn sideways back onto your feet. It should be a piece of cake!"

I managed to turn somewhat the second time, but my legs still weren't straight. "Damn it!" I said loudly before throwing my hand over my mouth. I forgot Lucy was still sleeping in the next room.

I didn't know how long I was practicing for, but as soon as I put my hands down to do another cartwheel, I heard Austin's voice at the doorway. "What the hell are you doing?"

I yelped in surprise as I flipped over. When I was straight again, I was just about ready to yell at him when I stopped. "I just did a cartwheel." I slowly smiled and jumped up and down. "I just did a freaking cartwheel!"