Chapter 74

Song of the chapter: Hero by Sterling Night/Christopher Wilde

Emily's POV

"That dress is so perfect, Emily," Quinn smiled, the other two girls clapping in agreement.

I raised an eyebrow from my spot on the little stage. "You guys have said that about the last seven that I've tried on."

It was a few days after the drunk Austin fiasco, and we were in a dress shop in downtown Miami.

Rachel, the lady helping me, put a finger on her lip. "What do you think about it, dear? Every dress you've tried on has looked great, but this is your decision."

"It's too hard," I said, putting a hand over my face. "They're all so gorgeous."

The one I had on was a simple strapless gown that cinched at my waist and flowed down to the ground. The bodice was jewelled, with little intricate flowers cascading down the actual dress part. I was completely clueless when it came to dresses and such, but anyone could see that this dress was beautiful.

 I was completely clueless when it came to dresses and such, but anyone could see that this dress was beautiful

"Well, if it's any consolation, you have to get a dress today if you want it ordered in time for the wedding. Which, by the way, is in forty one days," Taylor spoke.

"How is that any consolation?" I glared.

"Is that not what you say when you want people to hurry the hell up?" she asked.

I bent down and threw my shoe at her, which she expertly ducked. "Sassy," she laughed. "I'm kidding, Emily. Not about the needing to get a dress today part, but the hurry the hell up part."

I sighed and turned to Rachel. "Do you mind if I look around more? I know we've been here for hours."

"No, no, honey, go right ahead! I'll go see if I can find some as well," she smiled before hurrying off.

Leah stood up straight from where she was leaning against the wall, her heels clicking on the hardwood floor. "Come on, I saw a dress over in the corner that I thought you'd like. I'll show you."

I hoisted up the dress I was wearing and following her to the back of the store while Quinn and Taylor waited in the showing room.

"Here," Leah said, grabbing a dress off of a hanger. "It looks like your size, too."

She held it up for me to see. It was breathtaking. It was strapless with jewels coming down in a triangle in the middle of the chest. The dress part was asymmetrical and cinched in places, and was a little poofy, but not overly. It was pretty simple, but it was totally me. I loved it.

Rachel came around the corner

Rachel came around the corner. "Oh, that's what I was just coming to find! What do you think?"

I smiled. "I love it. I'll try it on."

Once I had that dress on, I felt like a princess. I walked out of the change room and onto the stage, and all three of my friends shrieked.

"That looks so awesome, Emily, it really does!" Taylor said, clapping her hands like a giddy child.

"I think that's the one, Emily," Quinn said, Leah nodding in agreement.

"I basically crushed that one," Leah grinned.

"Wow," I breathed as I looked in the mirror. "It fits perfectly."

"You would need a bit of hemming near the bottom to shorten it a tad bit, and tge back of it, but other than that, it looks great," Rachel said. "What do you think? Are you saying yes to the dress?" She asked as she started fixing the back of my dress.

I grinned and exclaimed, "I'm definitely saying yes to the dress!"

We all squealed happily, and while I was paying for the dress and putting my order in, it was starting to feel more and more like I was just weeks away from getting married to the love of my life. Life was just so good.

*************

So 2 updates bc I have a lot of homework to do but I decided to update 2 chapters for you guys. Isn't her dress so pretty?? Like OMG I WANT FOR MY WEDDING!! 😭😍