Chapter 69

Song of the chapter: First Kiss by A Rocket To The Moon

Emily's POV

The day after Austin proposed to me, we had to tell our friends. My parents were extremely happy for us, as was Austin's mom. We waited until the next day because it was too late to tell everyone right after it happened. Oh my god, I still couldn't believe I was engaged.

Austin looked out the window. "Quinn's here."

"Awesome," I said. I pointed my finger at him. "Don't blurt it out as soon as she walks through the door."

"I won't. Scouts honor."

I stared at him. "You aren't a boy scout. You were never a boy scout."

"So? It still works."

"I don't think so," I replied.

"Fine, then Bible."

"Now what is Bible?" I exclaimed.

"The Kardashian family says it when they're telling the honest truth," Austin replied in a matter of fact tone.

"Um, how would you know that?"

"...I don't know."

I rolled my eyes just as Quinn opened the door. "We're here!"

"We?" I asked, looking at Austin.

"She probably brought Jesse and Sheridan with her," he shrugged.

"We're in here, Quinn!" I yelled.

A few seconds later, she appeared with Sheridan in her arms, and with Jesse, Leah, Jace, Taylor, and Alex trailing behind.

"Wow, you brought everybody," I said.

"Well, we ran into Taylor and Alex at the mall so they just came with us," Quinn explained.

"Hi!" Sheridan said happily.

"Hey, Sher Bear," Austin smiled. Quinn set her daughter down and Sheridan ran over to Lucy, who was playing with her stuffed puppy on the ground, Pancakes close by.

"So what's the big news?" Jesse asked.

I looked at Austin and he slung an arm around my shoulder, pulling me close. "You wanna tell them?"

I grinned and threw my left hand up to show them the ring. "WE'RE ENGAGED!"

Quinn, Leah, and Taylor all started screaming and they tackled me in a hug. "Finally! Oh my god, congratulations, you guys!"

The boys broke into huge grins and each took their turn hugging Austin

The boys broke into huge grins and each took their turn hugging Austin. "Congrats, man, it's about time," Jace said. "I was wondering when the hell you were going to do it. We bought that ring ages ago!"

"I was waiting for the right time," Austin chuckled. "But thanks."

Jesse hugged me tight. "Congratulations, sis. I'm happy for you both."