Chapter 46

Song of the chapter: God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton

Emily's POV

I woke up with an insane headache. I just had time to glance at the clock to see that it was six in the morning and glance at Austin's sleeping form before I felt the contents of last night's events coming up. I bolted to the bathroom and practically threw myself at the toilet, barely making it.

This wasn't my first time being hung over, and the previous night at the club wasn't my first time being drunk either; it was my first time being extremely drunk and having a super bad hangover. Usually I just got minor headaches. Austin didn't even have to tell me how drunk I was; I knew because I barely remembered a thing. But cut me some slack, I was celebrating a big moment in my life.

"Ems? You okay?"

I let out a moan. "I feel like my head is being smashed in by a hammer."

"So I'll take that as a no," Austin replied from the other side of the bathroom door.

"Exactly." I proceeded to throw up again, even though I didn't think I had anything left in my stomach.

Austin opened the door and walked in. "Oh god, you don't want to see me like this," I groaned, trying to push him out with the little strength I had. "Ugh, not again!"

"I'm not going to leave you sick in here alone," he said, tying my hair back while I threw up yet again. "Even though it is your fault."

"Don't rub it in," I snapped, leaning against the wall. "At least I had a good time."

"So did I! Until I couldn't find you for the longest time and ended up finding you dancing on a table grinding on random girls."

"I seriously did that?"

Austin nodded. "Oh yeah. Ask Quinn, she babysat you the whole night since she was the only one who could find you. We were all looking for you."

I groaned. "Oh my god. What else did I do?"

"You kept mixing up all our names. You spilled on Quinn's dress, too, and you were just everywhere, to sum it up. Taking shot after shot, drink after drink. I'm surprised you lasted so long."

"What time did we leave?"

"Around one, I think. I had to carry your passed out body to the vehicle."

I grabbed my head. "Never again."

"Oh, I'm sure it'll happen again," Austin chuckled. "You still feel sick?"

I shook my head. "Not right now."

He bent down and put his arms under me. "Let's get you back to bed." He slowly picked me up and carried me out the door.

"Oh, I feel sick again," I said.

"Gross!" Austin shrieked before he dropped me on the bed.

"Asshole!" I exclaimed once I had recovered. I grabbed the bucket that he must have put on the bedside table and threw up again.

"I'm going to call your mom and ask her to keep Lucy for another night," Austin said, grabbing his cell phone. "Since I'll be taking care of you all day."

"You're making me sound like I did something horribly wrong," I cried. "I just had too much to drink, big whoop! It happens to the best of us!"

"No, no, babe, I don't mean it like that," Austin said quickly, rubbing my back with one hand while he dialed my mom's number with the other hand. "Come on, I love you to death, alright?"

I grumbled in response. While he went to phone my mom, I lied down and grabbed my phone. It hurt my head to even look at the screen, so I just threw it back down in frustration. "Austin, grab me an Advil when you come back!"