Chapter 50

Song of the chapter: Good Life by OneRepublic

Emily's POV

"So, there's one thing I want to do before I go on tour," Austin told me as he walked into the living room. I was reading a book while Lucy was napping.

I distractedly said, "Oh god, what's that?"

"I want to get a tattoo!"

I looked up and closed my book, now paying attention. "I'm sorry, what was that? It sounded like you said you wanted to get a tattoo."

"That is what I said."

"Austin, seriously? Those things are permanent, not to mention painful! Plus, your tour starts in three days, it's going to hurt for a while."

"Just hear me out," he said, sitting on me. Yes, he sat on me. "I want to get Lucy's name on my back." He handed me a piece of paper he had drawn something on. It was music notes with "Lucy Mahone" woven into them.

"Since when can you draw that good?" I asked, shocked.

"Since ever," Austin replied. "So what do you think?"

"What happens if we have another kid?"

"Then I'll add that kid's name to it," he said in a duh voice.

"But it's almost the end of November," I tried again. "What if the colder weather makes it hurt more or something?"

"Really? When I'm wearing clothes over it? Nice try. Come on, Emily, live a little."

I hesitated. "Alright, fine. It's your body, not mine."

"Yes!" he exclaimed happily, throwing his arms around me. It was seriously like a kid on Santa's lap. "Thanks Ems!"

"On one condition."

"Anything."

"I get to get my rook pierced."

"Anything but that."

"Do you even know what a rook is?" I asked my boyfriend.

"Yes."

"What is it then?"

"I don't know," he told me.

"Exactly. It's that little cartilage part in your ear near the top," I said while I pulled my hair back and showed him the spot.

He leaned in to get a closer look and then cringed. "Gross! That would hurt so badly, Emily!"

I shrugged. "Gotta go through a little pain in life. You get your tattoo, I'll get my piercing."

He sighed. "Fine. Deal."

I grinned. "Good. Go call, babe."

"Why do I have to call?" Austin whined.

"Because it was your idea in the first place!"

He climbed off me and grabbed the phone. "Hopefully they can get us in by at least tomorrow."

While he went into the other room to phone, I texted Taylor.

Austin and I made a little deal.

Ooooh, what is it?! She texted back right away.

He wants 2 get a tattoo, but I'm only letting him do it if he lets me get a piercing.

Don't get it on your face.

Well, that's an insult to Quinn and Leah, I typed. Quinn and Leah both had their noses pierced with hoops instead of studs.

I didn't mean it like that, just don't do it.

Relax, it's on my ear.

I'm coming over 2 see it once it's done! She said.

Go for it, but I got g2g. L8er!

Austin yelled from the kitchen. "Emily, we're going now!"

I jumped up and ran into the kitchen. "Don't yell, your daughter is sleeping!"

"Sorry," he said in his normal voice.

"We can't go now, Austin."

"What? Why not?" he exclaimed. Loudly.

"Shut up!" I said again. "And because, Lucy is sleeping."

"Leah can come over."

"Austin, we can't ask her to do that on such short notice," I said.

"He already did," came a voice from the doorway. Leah walked in and dropped her purse on the counter. "Go get your tattoo and your piercing."

"Wha- How did you get here so fast?" I asked, shocked.

"I was already on my way here," she said. "Austin called me, like, fifteen minutes ago."

I turned to Austin. "And how did you know we were guaranteed an appointment at this very moment when you hadn't even called yet?"

"I didn't, I just hoped, and I was right, so let's go! Thanks Leah," he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door. I just had time to snatch my purse from the hook and yell "We owe you, Leah!" before Austin pulled me to his car.

"Jeez, someone's in a hurry," I commented as we got in.

"I'm excited," he said happily.

"Want me to go first, or you?"

"They'll most likely make you go first since it takes like, five seconds to do you piercing," Austin said.

"True."