Chapter 88

Guys.....this is the last chapter of the book...I'm so sad 😭😭😭

Song of the chapter: Fifteen by Taylor Swift

Lucy's POV

"Alex, I'm going to murder you, you shithead! Alex!" I screamed through the house as I stormed inside, going from room to room. My brother was so dead.

"Whoa, whoa, what the hell is going on?" My mom asked as from her spot on the piano bench when I got to the music room. Alex sat on the bench next to mom as me and him started mimicking each other.

"Alex told coach that I'm failing science so now I'm off the soccer team until I bring my grades up

"Alex told coach that I'm failing science so now I'm off the soccer team until I bring my grades up. And it isn't possible to get them high enough in time for the game against Grant High!" I exclaimed. "Do you know what that means?"

"That your team is screwed?" My dad said as he walked into the room, drinking a beer.

"Exactly," I said. "Not to sound selfish or anything, but I'm our best player. My entire team knows too, so they're all pissed off at me now."

"Lucy, it's not the end of the world. Besides, your coach was going to find out eventually," my mom said.

"Updated reports don't go out until after that game, so if Alex hadn't ran his mouth, I would have been fine!"

"Honey, stop chewing your hair," my dad said. "And don't kill your brother, okay? Your mom and I would still like him to stick around. Plus, he's thirteen. What did you expect?"

I grumbled but spit out my blonde curl. "I'm going to do homework."

"That's my girl," my dad smiled.

As I went to the basement to my bedroom, I passed our dog Pickles, who was sleeping soundly in the hallway. Our dog Pancakes had died several years back of old age. It had absolutely killed the family, so my parents went and bought another one, this time a German Shepherd instead of a lab. Clearly, my mom had picked the name. I stopped to give him a pat on the head before continuing on.

I didn't get too far in my math homework when I heard my mom yell down the stairs. "Dinner, Luce!"

"Coming!" I called back. I quickly changed out of my school clothes into sweatpants and a t-shirt. I put my curly blonde hair into a bun before running up the stairs.

"Can you tell your siblings please?" my mom asked when I arrived in the kitchen. She and dad were busy setting the table.

I shrugged and walked out of the room and around the corner in the hallway to the bottom of the stairs. "Chandler! Regina! Alex! Emerson! Noah! Brayden! DINNNNNNNERRRRR TIME!"

They all yelled that they were coming, and I was met with a glare from my mom when I went back into the dining room. "You know I hate it when you yell up the stairs like that instead of just going to get them."