Chapter 25

Song of the chapter: Banga! Banga! by Austin Mahone

Emily's POV

"Lucy where's your dad? I can't find him."

She looked at me and continued to bounce in her bouncer. "Alright, then. Well, I guess-"

"I'm ready to clean, Ems!"

I turned around to find Austin decked out in a full body apron over older clothes, rubber gloves, a broom in one hand and a bucket of water in the other, rubber boots, and a sweat band around his head.

I burst out laughing. "What the heck are you wearing?"

"I'm wearing my cleaning clothes. Duh."

"See, now this is what tells me you never clean," I smirked, crossing my arms. "Lucy, your dad has lost his mind."

"Hey, it won't be me complaining when I spill bleach or get dirt all over myself," he defended.

I walked over and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "At least you look cute. But please, take the sweat band off."

He pouted. "Nu uh; I rock it."

"Austin-"

"Emily."

"Austin, can you please take it off?"

"Ner."

"Did you just say ner?"

"Yer."

"Did you just-"

"Bark."

I let out a breath of exasperation. "Lord help us all. Fine, keep that band on."

Austin fist pumped. "Yes!" He galloped over to Lucy yes, he galloped- and bent to kiss her head. "Daddy wins again, Luce!"

She chewed on her rubber toy keys while kicking her legs and I grinned. "Okay, Mr. Clean. Go get started on the den."

"On it!" He ran into the hallway.

"Austin, don't run, you're carrying a bucket of-"

I heard a big splash on the ground and a "Dammit!" shortly after.

I sighed. "Water." I picked Lucy up and carried her and her bouncer to the living room before setting her back down in it. I started picking up some of her toys and setting them back in their box or her playpen, and I grabbed the blankets from the couch, folding them again. Lucy started whimpering a bit.

"Hey, Austin?" I called.

"What, babe?" he yelled back from the other side of the house. I barely heard him; it was a huge house. Well, mansion, if you want to get technical.

"Where did you put Lucy's pacifier?"

"Uh, I think I put it on the table in the hallway!"

I walked into the hallway and found it where he said. "Thanks!"

I hurried back to Lucy and popped it in her mouth. "Here you go, sweetie. I know, this isn't very fun to watch."

After I swept the floor, Austin walked in, covered in water. I stifled a laugh at his face. "You've got a little water on your apron," I teased.

"Ha, you're funny."

"I told you not to run with the bucket of water," I chastised.

"You tell me lots of things that I do the opposite of."

"Which makes you an idiot."

He grinned and sauntered over to me. "A very handsome and sexy idiot?"