Chapter 83

Song of the chapter: Love Me Harder by Ariana Grande ft The Weeknd

Emily's POV

In the next few days after Lucy's allergic reaction, things were kind of crazy. Lucy had woken up the next day but was cranky and tired, so Austin crawled into her bed and slept with her while I spoke to her doctor about the changes that were going to have to occur immediately. After the majority of that was figured out and we had an EpiPen for Lucy, which I prayed I would never have to use, Austin had to get back to his tour. Taylor and I were staying with Lucy in the tour bus while she recovered. She was fine, just exhausted, which wasn't surprising; she was a little girl, and she almost died.

"I still feel really bad, Emiy," Taylor said. We were sitting on the couch, watching TV quietly while Lucy slept against my chest.

"Taylor, stop blaming yourself," I told her for the thousandth time. "Austin and I had no idea she was allergic so it would have happened eventually, with one of us. We're just glad you guys got her to the hospital in time. She's okay, that's all that matters. You know we don't hold you or Alex responsible whatsoever."

She sighed, but nodded, and the matter was dropped.

Austin came home later that evening after his show. When he opened the tour bus door, he was soaking wet.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked.

"It's pouring outside," he replied, shivering. "I'm going to change."

I went over to Lucy, who was sprawled out on the couch in a blanket, sleeping soundly. I brushed her hair back from her forehead, and she squinted in her sleep at my touch.

"How's she doing?" Austin asked as he came back. I turned to see him clad in sweatpants and a black t-shirt, his hair damp from the rain and sticking up every which way.

 I turned to see him clad in sweatpants and a black t-shirt, his hair damp from the rain and sticking up every which way

I shrugged. "Sleeping, again, but she's fine. Nothing happened while you were gone."

He visibly relaxed. "Oh, good."

"How was the show?" I asked.

"Great! Yeah, I think I only saw like, nine people get thrown in cuffs."

"Wow, I think that's a new record," I commented. "Calm crowd."

"Oh no, they weren't calm. There just weren't as many people fighting it out in the mosh pit to get closer to the stage. Just nine." He laughed. "Calm at my concerts. Ha, you're funny, Ems."

I rolled my eyes at him, just as I heard a little, "Mommy?"

I looked down to see Lucy's eyes open, big hazel irises staring up at me. "Hey, sleepy."

"Sorry, Luce, did I wake you up with that laugh?" Austin asked, bending down to the ground so he was eye level with her. He stroked his hand over her head. "Done sleeping?"

She nodded, but yawned. "Pony?"

"Um..." Austin looked up at me. "Can she watch My Little Pony this late?"

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was midnight, but I shrugged. "Yeah, why not. She's been sleeping all the time, anyway, so she's not going to be tired." I pointedly looked at him. "Don't pretend it's only for Lucy. I know you want to see what happens to Twilight Sparkle and Applejack after they encountered those fairies."

"Well, duh," Austin exclaimed. He grabbed a blanket. "Come on, Luce, let's get this show on the road." He sat down beside her and she crawled onto his lap, so he wrapped her inside his blanket, too. They both looked so happy and content and comfy; it was too perfect of a sight to ruin, so I smiled and went to pop the DVD in the player. "I'm going to check my emails," I said.

Austin waved his hand a couple of times. "Yeah, yeah, have fun." He was already transfixed on the screen.

While I was sitting on our bed, I heard Austin exclaim, "Damn it, I knew that green haired fairy was bad news! That bitch. Oh crap, cover your ears, Lucy! Sorry, Luce, I was just so involved for a minute there that I forgot you were sitting on me. She's a pretty ugly fairy, isn't she? I know, look at those teeth. Yeah, I hear you. Yes, good observation."

"Austin Carter Mahone, watch your mouth!" I yelled.

"Sorry sweetie!"