Chapter 70

Song of the chapter: Here Without You by 3 Doors Down

Emily's POV

"Taylor, put that down!"

"But Emily, it looks so good."

"No, it looks like a fuzzy popsicle, now put it down. Or better yet, take it out back and burn it until all that's left is ashes," I said.

Taylor put the flower bouquet on the table and looked at me. "I've never had to deal with a stressed bride, but now I know what it feels like. And I feel sorry for people that have had to do it."

I groaned. "I'm sorry, Taylor, but you're right, I am stressed. The wedding is in two months and I don't even have a dress yet and the planning is taking too long!"

"That's why we're all here to help," Taylor said, patting my shoulder.

"She's right, Emily," Quinn called from across the store. She was glancing at some other flower arrangements. She walked over. "We want to make this the best day of your life, but honey, don't put this all on yourself. I mean, I know it's your wedding and you want it to be perfect. What bride doesn't? But it's not good to be stressed to the point of breaking."

"I'm not stressed to the point of breaking," I defended.

"You're a smidge away from it," Leah spoke up from where she was entertaining Lucy on the floor. "No offence."

I sighed. "Fine, I'll try and relax. But can we please just pick out these flowers so I can take Lucy home?"

"That's what we're trying to do," Taylor said. "Come look at more, the better selections are in the back of the store."

"I've got Lucy here, Emily, just go," Leah smiled.

"Have you found anything you like yet, Miss Smith?" The lady that was helping us, Linda, asked as she came around the corner of a shelf.

"Not really," I admitted. "I haven't checked the back yet, though, so we'll look there now."

Linda smiled. "Okay, great. I'll go get some more popular arrangements for you to look at. Excuse me for a minute." She turned on her really high heel and left.

"Come on," Quinn said.

"Bye mommy," Lucy waved.

"Bye sweetie, I'll be right back," I told her before following Taylor and Quinn to the back. I hadn't even picked up an arrangement before my cell rang.

It was Austin. "Hey, how's it going?"

"If you must know, she's ready to kill someone," Quinn said loudly so he could hear.

"Quinn, you're the closest to me," I warned.

"Wow," Austin said once I put my phone back to my ear. "Not going well, then?"

I sighed. "I'm just tired and ready to go home. I can't find anything I like and we've been here for an hour."

"Does it have to be today that you order flowers? We have over two months before the wedding; you can go look at other stores, or go back to that one you're in right now when you're not so angry."

"Now you're going to start?" I snapped. "That two months is going to pass very quickly, mister."

"Okay, okay, don't bite my head off," he said. "Calm down, Ems. You'll find something you like."

"I better."

I could hear the smile in his voice. "You will. I've got to go, my break is done."

"Break? What break?"

"I'm rehearsing today..."

"You're what?" I hissed.

"I'm at the studio with Alex," Austin said. "Did I forget to tell you?"

"Yes, yes you did. So while I'm sitting here doing our wedding planning, you're rehearsing?"

"Ems, that's my job. Besides, I don't really need to be there to pick out flowers. My taste in that stuff sucks."

"That's a lie and you know it."

"Emily, can we just talk when you get home? I really need to go."

"Go rehearse," I told him before I hung up.

"Trouble in paradise?" Quinn said, clicking her tongue.

"He's rehearsing right now," I told them. "Can you believe it?"

"He should be here. His taste is so good," Taylor said.

"Right!" I said, throwing my hands up.

Linda returned with a few bouquets. "A lot of women decide out of these four, or a mixed arrangement from all the different kinds."

"Thank you," I said. "I know we've been a bit of a pain."

Taylor coughed out, "you have," and I glared at her.

"Oh, nonsense," Linda said. "I've had tons of women come through here that are a thousand times worse. This is nothing; besides, it would be bad if you weren't at least a little frazzled. It's practically in the bride's job description," she finished with a laugh.

My friends and I smiled at her and when she left, Quinn picked up a bouquet of purple and white flowers, with a few yellow ones. "This one is nice. What do you think?"

"Yeah, it is," I said. "But I think I like this one better." I held up a bouquet of dark purple, light purple, and white peonies. "What do you guys think?"

"Oh, that one is nice!" Leah came around the corner carrying Lucy, who had fallen asleep.

"I think I'm going to go with this one," I told them. "Everyone likes it?"

"Emily, it's your wedding," Taylor said. "But yes, we all love it." Quinn and Leah nodded.

"Perfect. Almost an hour and a half later and we're done," I said. I went over to the desk with Linda and ordered the correct number of arrangements before taking Lucy from Leah. "Alright, chickie, let's go home.