Can't Fight This Love

Fights are stupid. Irrelevant really. All Austin and I have done is fight recently. Why do we as a human species hold on to something when we know we should just let it go?
I sit on the stairs with my back against the wall. My mind wanders on words that I should probably say when Austin walks through the door any minute. My mind tells me I should leave, but my heart keeps telling me to keep fighting. Right now I don't know which one I should side with.
The door swings open in front of me and I make out Austin's shadow in the darkness.
"(Y/N)?" He half asks, half sighs. I sit up straight and he sees me move.
"Over here," I say. He sets down his bag and drops his keys on the counter.

"What are we doing?" He asks, sitting down beside me closing his eyes. He's not questioning our a activity of the night, he's questioning our relationship. He puts his face in his hands and leans into me, peaking his eyes out of his fingers. I smile at his cheesiness. He always knows how to make me smile, which is another reason why my heart always tells me to stay. He sits up and I place my head into his shoulder.
"I don't know, but I don't like it," I say. He clears his throat and wraps his arms around me.
"I don't either baby."

"Then let's just start over," I say. He releases me and looks at me. He places his hand under my chin and makes me look at him.
"I don't want to start over. I just wanna go back to what we used to be. No more fighting," his eyes flicker back and forth between mines. I shake my head to agree with him.
"Good, cause I miss you,"
I smile and he does too. He leans in closer to me. His lips slowly and softly press against mine. I've missed his touch so much. He reaches over me and pulls me on top of him. His hands send tingles up and down my spine as he presses them to the bare skin on my sides. He releases my lips and moves to my neck.
"Make love to me," he says with his voice quivering. God, I never thought I'd hear him say that to me again. I can't fight the love I have for him. It'll never leave.