Swimming

Personal for DreamerMahone

----

"Come on Chelsea! You're a better swimmer than any of those boys!" One of the girls sitting next to me says. "No way. Austin's waaay better than me." I reply and point in his direction as he jumps off the cliff. She laughs and nods her head finally agreeing.

I sit back in fear and bring my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around them. I watch Austin come back out of the water and move so freely like he's done this millions of times before. What am I saying? He probably has..

"I'm just gonna go home," I say and take off before anyone can keep me from saving my humiliation in the future. I used to be the best swimmer here, but now it looks as if I've been replaced.

I run to the changing rooms at the resort and rinse the muddy water off my swimsuit and out of my hair. My dad would kill me if I got the seats in his car dirty. I finish up and dry off before snaking a sundress over my body. Lastly, I grab my bag and phone out of the locker room and call my dad. He informs me he can't come to get me just yet due to work. Sometimes I wish I could drive myself.. I'm old enough, but things are too tight in my house for a new car. I won't complain. I love my life just how it is. The sun starts to set as I walk out to the benches in the front entrance of the lobby. People walk in and out regularly and I can't help but watch them. Every human has some characteristic so different about them that makes living on this earth so beautiful. "Mind if I sit?" A mans voices says from behind, startling me. I turn to meet the most remarkable hazel eyes I've ever seen. I know exactly who's they are.

"Yeah," I say and scoot over just a tad to give him enough room. "I saw you swim earlier," he says shaking his wet hair in a towel. I feel my eyes grow wide and my cheeks blush. "Don't worry," he chuckles after catching my reaction. "You're really good. I just wanted to compliment you."

I look down even more embarrassed now. "Thanks."

I feel his stare on the side of my face. My heart races and I now know what it's like to be one of those girls who's love struck. Not saying I'm in love.. Austin doesn't know it, but I've been a Mahomie for a long time. If I say I like his music now, he might get up and walk away.

"This is awkward, but I was wondering if you could teach me some of your moves in the water. I've never seen a girl swim like that and I think you're very interesting. Say maybe tomorrow at 8?"

My eyes jolt back up and it feels like if I open my mouth I'm gonna start blabbing and not going to be able to stop. Instead, I nod my head and smile. "I'd love to,"

He smiles wider than before and gets up.

"Great! Can't wait to see you then! Just you and me tho! Okay?"

His words make me smile just as wide. "Okay.."