Fortune Cookie

"What does yours say?" I ask Austin, smiling at the small piece of paper in my hands. He shrugs and sticks part of his fortune cookie in his mouth. I reach across the table to grab his paper, but he stops me. "If you read it, it won't come true!"
I groan in defeat. I watch as he smirks. The smile on his face is different then normal. He seems more happier. I stick my paper in my purse and he shoves his in pocket of his slacks. Like a gentleman, he pays and we walk out hand in hand. His fingers dance in my hand, almost as if he's nervous. "Why are you so ecstatic?" I question. He looks down at our feet and sways our hands back and forth with a smile so big I could see his teeth. "No reason," he tells me and keeps us walking. We turn the corner and my heart flutters at the beautiful waterfall in front of us. I drop Austin's hand and walk up to the railing. "It's gorgeous!" I confirm. The night sky lets just enough light in from the city to make the water glisten. I turn around to Austin, but gasp as I catch him on one knee with a diamond ring in one hand. "I honestly don't know what I'd do without you in my life (Y/N). You've been here through all the good and you stayed even at the bad. I want to spend the rest of my life with you with no lower reputation than as my wife. So will you please do me the honors of marrying me?"
My hands find their way to my mouth to cover my sobs. Tears erupt out of my eyes and all I can do is shake my head yes. He slides the ring on my finger and picks me up in his arms. "This was my fortune," he whispers in my hair. I pull away and look at him sort of confused before thinking back to just minutes ago when we were bickering over Chinese food. "I'm just doing what my fortune cookie said. Who am I to stand in the way of fate? Plus, it boosted my confidence to ask you."
I giggle at his cockiness and pull his face down to mine. "I love you so much Mr. Mahone."
"And I love you, Mrs. Mahone."