The Most Understanding Boyfriend

I turn off the tv with tears in my eyes.
Too many memories.. Too many fucking memories..
I hear the door open and keys hit the counter. Quickly, I wipe my eyes and grab my phone, pretending to be busy.
"Hey babe," Austin says as he walks by into the kitchen.
"Hey," I reply not even looking up. Moments later he walks back in with a root beer float and a box of tissues. His butt plops down next to me and he left arm slings around my shoulders. He makes me take the ice cream while he takes a tissue out of the box and wipes my face. "Now, are you gonna tell me what's wrong and why you're trying to hide it from me or am I gonna have to pry it out of you?"
I look up to him and his eyes show sincere auras.
"What?"
He lets out a sigh. "Come on (Y/N). You know you can tell me anything."
My heart takes a leap of pain once again just thinking of my past. "I was watching a show and it just made me think of how fucked my life was at one point. I don't want to think about it Austin.. Can we just forget about it?"
I watch as the muscles in his jaw flex as he thinks about my words. He knows I don't like reminiscing on things.. Soon, he bites his lips and shakes his head yes. I lean forward and set the cup on the table. I'm glad he's so understanding. His arms wrap around me and his body slips behind me. All my bad thoughts slip away as I drift into sleep in Austin's arms. I'm so lucky and I honestly don't know how I've gotten so fortunate.