Fears of losing him...

I scroll thru my Twitter. Everything I see is negative. Most of Austin's fans don’t like me.. And some of their comments terrify me.  “Austin’s just gonna leave you when something better comes along.” “You’re not even pretty.” “Just wait until someone beautiful comes along. He’s gonna leave you in the dust.” I don’t want to believe these things, but sometimes each of them feel so true. I lock my phone and plug it in the charger on the night stand. I walk over to the window to see Austin and the guys playing basketball on the court. A couple girls walk up and Austin goes over to talk to them. I watch as he leans up against the concrete barrier. The blonde leans up next to him and runs her finger across his chest. He smiles.. I remember that’s how I got Austin’s attention when we first met. My heart drops… This is the something better. I walk into the closet and grab my suitcase. I haven’t completely moved in with Austin, so I don’t have a lot of stuff to collect. Right now I’m glad.. I finish grabbing all my stuff and as I zip up the bag, Austin walks in. “Gosh, it just started flooding! That was- What’s going on?”

He goes on until he sees me. I look at him with a sorry look. “I’m holding you back, i’m sorry.” I sling my stuff on my shoulder and grab my phone. I try to walk past him, but he holds onto me. “(Y/N) what are you talking about?” For the first time since we started dating, I see worry in his face. “You’re just gonna leave me in the future. I’m saving you the trouble now. Please just let me go.” He shakes his head. “Is this because of Nena? She’s JT’s new girlfriend. She wants to be a dancer and she thought flirting with me could get her in. I promise she means nothing..”

I stare at him with sympathy. My fears still scare me. “Please don’t leave me?” he says with pain in his voice. I drop my bag and hug him tight. What am I thinking? I can’t lose Austin. I can’t just walk away because i’m in love with him. His arms wrap around me and he doesn’t let go. “You just scared the shit out of me (Y/N). Don’t EVER do that again.”