Family

I don't know if what I said was necessarily offensive, but her brothers were about to beat me senseless either way.

"Austin, run!" (Y/N) shouts after me. I take off across her driveway and run as far as I could down the road until one of her brothers caught me. "You little dick!" He says as we fall down to the ground and rummage in the gravel. Soon her other brother catches up and falls on top of both of us. It takes me a full minute to realize they weren't hitting me, but just laughing at me.

"You scared little boy?" The older one asks.

"No!" I reply as they tickle me. "Stop, stop, stop!" I kept repeating.

After I plead for my freedom, they release me and we stand. "Sorry bro," the younger one says grabbing my head and ruffling my hair. "We just have to make sure you're good enough for our lil sis."

I let out a short laugh not knowing if all of this is real or fake. "We're not sayin you are, but I guess you're alright Mahone."

They say in agreement. I look at both of them in fright. Did the girl I'm in love with, brothers just actually say they're okay with me? "But listen here," they state crossing their arms and stand in front of me. "If you ever hurt her, your singing career will be affected by the lack of us ripping your vocal cords out."

I gulp. Oh gosh.. What did I get myself into? I can't imagine life without my voice..

"I promise I won't hurt her..." I whisper out. Their stare makes my heart beat over board. To be honest, I don't know if I've ever been this nervous.

Finally, their straight faces turn into a smile. "Welcome to the family!"