If I Stay scene

"Just come out with us tonight and get away from all the drama. You won't regret it, I promise," my best friend begs as she pulls on my arm trying to get me out of my house and into the car. "Fine," I say and roll my eyes following her to her means of transportation. A couple other friends join us but I don't notice them. They all talk about the Austin Mahone guy we're going to see in the shabby run down club on main street. We arrive and what I knew was gonna happen, happens; I get left alone.

Over the loud speaker, a man voice gathers everyone's attention to welcome the act of the night. I turn around from my spot at the bar and walk off to the side to lean against the wall. To my surprise, this Mahone kid isn't half as bad as I expected him to be. I'm not one to throw myself into concerts like most girls, but I am one to get lost in song. Before I know it, I find a cheesy grin on my face and my body swaying back and forth to the rhythm. When it's over, a slight part of me feels sadness. I kind of didn't want his performance to end..

I step turn back around to my previous position before the music started to grab my purse, but a large hand beats me to it. I look up to see the hand belongs to Austin. "Hi," he says smiling. "Hi," I say in return. "Did you like the set?" He asks with his cheeks turning the slightest shade of red. "I did," I reply returning his wide smile. "Wanna go to the after party with me?"

I bite the inside of my lip, trying to process his words. Normally Im the type of girl to refuse living a little. I like my seldom isolation from the world at night, but something in his eyes made me become a whole new girl with a whole new attitude. "I wouldn't enjoy anything more."