Goodbye Austin.. Part 3 (Final)

{1 years later}
The silence of the hotel room rings in my ears. The only thing I hear is my rugged breathing. My nose runs due to my allergies, so I just lay here, doing absolutely nothing.
My head turns to the door as it opens. Shaggy blond hair is all I see at first, but then the smile I've grown to know so well hits me. His tall figure glides across the room and sits down on the mattress beside me. "Are you sure you don't wanna go?"
I shake my head no but add "you should though. Go have fun. All I'm gonna do is sleep."After a slight smile and roll of his eyes, he gets up and leaves. "See yah later babe. Feel better."
When he closes the door, I sit up and sigh, running my hands through my now short hair. I decided to cut if off a couple months ago into a bob, and donated it to cancer patients. They had more use for it then me. Plus with my 'new life', it suits me better. Today marks the one year anniversary since I've last seen Austin in person. I did what I said. Soon after that night, I left, I moved to Italy. I sent someone to get my stuff, then I stopped all communication. I didn't change my number like most would and soon he finally stopped calling. I quit my business job about a month after leaving. Now I travel around with my Italian musician fiancé. Seems like I can't keep myself away from rock stars, doesn't it?

Don't get me wrong, my heart still aches for Austin, but I know he's doing good. I still check his twitter and from what I've seen, he's still dating Camila. I'm really happy for him. If I'm right, I believe he's on his world tour at the moment. But I guess that's not my business anymore.
My feet fall off the bed and I find myself putting on my jacket and slipping on my stilettos. My nose sniffles and I run into the bathroom to blow it. I unroll some tissues and stick them in my pocket. I need to go find some allergy medication.
My hands scoop up my key and phone, then I walk out the door. The wind blows in my face and I smile. Honestly I love it here. I continue walking down the long streets until I find a pharmacist. A short little lady asks me what she can do for me. She gets me what need and I pay what would be $20.75 in American money. "Grazie" I reply and grab the small brown bag. She says a short you're welcome and goes back to her work.

I turn around and begin my way back to my hotel. I stop in my tracks as I see four foolish guys joking around and taking pictures. "Dude!" Rob yells at Alex as he gives him rabbit ears. "You're such a kid!"
A small giggle come out of my mouth before I could think about it. The person I should be running from, turns around and the look on his face changes dramatically. Instead of crying or just showing some kind of regret, I just smile. Surprisingly he does to. In this moment it feels like the universe brought us back together to show us we still care. That the past is the past and there isn't anything we can do about it. The guys get silent behind him as he walks forward to me. His eyes look more vibrant, and his hair. It's grown out more. He looks like he's the younger boy everyone fell in love with. The him when he was at his happiest. He's happy.. The thought warms my heart. "Hi," he says stopping about 5 feet from me. "Hi," I reply and take a step forward. "Your hair.." He says picking his hand up, gesturing to it. "Your hair," I reply with a slight laugh. He chuckles too. "I guess we've both changed."

I shake my head and agree with him. "You doing good?" I ask already knowing the answer. "Yeah, yeah I am. Are you?"
I nod again and say "Yeah. I'm great."
A silence grows between us, but it's not an awkward silence. "Yo Austin! We gotta go!"
He turns and looks at them. "Alright."
When he looks back at me, he steps forward. "Can I get a hug?"
My smile grows ten times bigger. I don't answer. Instead I just step forward and wrap my arms around his neck. It feels like our embrace last forever, but forever just happens to be a matter of seconds. We pull away and I realize that just because two people break up, doesn't mean they hate each other. Even under our circumstances. We learn from our mistakes and there's nothing wrong with that. You can be in love someone and it not be a love that deals with romance. Maybe if our time was different, maybe if I hadn't accepted a job so far, and maybe just maybe if he hadn't already loved her, Austin and I would have worked out. A twist of fate some might call it, but I see it more as bitter sweet. But in all thought, I wouldn't change it for anything.

As my hand moves away from Austin's back, I drop my bag. I reach down to grab it, and so does he. My fingers brush over his and a red tint hits his cheeks. He holds my hand as he helps me up. His eyes stare at the ring on my finger for a moment. For a moment I thought he'd question things, but he doesn't. He simply lets me go and looks back up with a grin. "I hope he's happy."
I look away, letting my own self blush this time. "Dido Mahone."
Both of us look at each other in a way that only the two of us understand. "Goodbye (Y/N).."
A place saddens in my heart for a slight moment before I come back to my senses. This isn't the end, this is just the beginning.
"Goodbye Austin."

Thank you all for reading and requesting a third part. Who knows, I might make it a book lol. Or a short story of sorts. Comment your opinions please!