[Arc 9] Ch. 7 Julie's Reinforcements

Rowan

After listening for a bit, I found out that the door to the vault was hidden in fountain on the estate. And thanks to Professor Kallit being a water mage... well, there hundreds of water features decorating the estate. Maybe thousands depending on your definition.

But before I could make out any other details about the fountain, the fake knight watching Hyde screamed after his hair caught fire. I looked at my team, but they all shook their head. When I looked back the knight had stuck his head in the pool. Before he was blown away with a follow up from Hyde, the Hellcat turned into a man dressed like a party guest and pulled the wolf out of the water.

"Dumb mutt, are you trying to get yourself killed." Rollo growled and slapped the knight's face. "I'm not going to save you again." Rollo looked at the pool. "Hm... sir, I'm getting a bad feeling about that warlock. Something about him..." He reached up and rubbed his throat anxiously. "...wait!"

Rollo looked around. Noting the placement of the pedestals and the image in the pool. "My Lord, they are on their way here."

"That's impossible." The Viscount came back to the basin. "Unless, Princess Arledge is guiding them."

"No, it's Warlock. I don't know how he's doing it, but somehow he's tracking us." Rollo growled.

"My Lord, we have captured Professor Kallit." A guard shouted from the other side of the door.

The Viscount clicked his tongue. "You four, stay hold those upstarts here when they arrive." He ordered the wolves. "T'erk go get reinforcements, if they are on their way here, overwhelm them and capture the Princess. Rollo, we are going to interrogate the good professor."

This was it! This was going to be our window. We had to help Hyde and the girls take down these monsters. Then maybe we can talk our way out, or...

I thought about the possibilities and an idea struck me.

*

Shannon

I can't believe we made it. We had lost most of the beasts following us several times, but they always managed to find us again. Right now, we had a moment of respite and the long hallway we were barreling down led to a large out of place set of double doors.

"This is going to suck!" Hyde said and I turned to see him climbing up the Peryton's antlers so that he was standing! What was he doing! "NOW!"

The animal he was riding launched him at the door. He turned into a blazing red fireball and crashed through the door.

"Delynis, don't let him show us up." Julie said and I could have sworn she was smiling. We burst into the security room.

It was a large room with a tall ceiling that housed a spinning device. But that wasn't the most surprising thing. After Hyde turned back into a human, he stood in the middle of four direwolves that were almost four times his size and he swung his whole arm and punched the ground causing an explosion of fire.

Then a hail of arrows, and stone pillars rained down from the ceiling dispatching two of them. One of the wolves looked like it had been strung up by a dozen razor thin wires until it exploded into body parts. The last one was beheaded by a man in a black outfit and hood. It happened so fast I only saw him put his sword away. Three more hooded figures dropped from the ceiling.