[Arc 11] Ch. 4 Passionate Fire

[A/N Trying to fix some bugs because people weren't seeing this chapter so you may see a few updates, hopefully you'll have seen this one.]

Minerva

"You also have a wicked spike. I thought my arms were going to fall off." Hyde reminisced.

"Well your blood magic is nothing to sneeze at either. By the way, what did you mean when you said that you had weak blood?" I asked when I remembered that day.

"Well... you know how there are some wolf people that can fully transform into wolves? It's kind of like that, I guess. I just come from a mixed family with lots of ancestors that weren't humans. Someone with only human ancestors would have stronger blood. The Van Helsing Clan is renowned for that kind of genealogy. If Constance and I were to cast the same human strengthening blood magic spell hers would have a greater effect." He explained.

"Is blood magic the reason you..." I looked at the toilet.

He chuckled. "Ha, maybe. But I'd say it had more to do with a different kind of magic technique I learned from the dwarves. Their bodies are just sturdier than mine, I suppose."

"So you really have been all over, haven't you?" I asked. Hoping for a straight answer.

"You could say that. When you are a drifter like me you get to see and experience a lot but it's harder to find a place to call home." He started. "I've been to some of the southern kingdoms, the dwarven mines, the elf forests, Sudaven, Teagon, the rabbits' dungeons, the Demonkin's spires, the Dark elf's mountains, and here." He closed his eyes. "A lot of places, not a lot of homes." He sighed and then looked at me. "But this... whatever this is... this is nice."

"What..." I looked around. "... you mean sitting on a bathroom floor after you puked?" I giggled. "it sounds like you need to raise your standards a little."

He gave a soft laugh and looked at me. "I wasn't talking about the location. I was talking about the company."

"Oh..." I was taken aback. I hid behind a veil of my and fidgeted with it nervously.

"Tell you what, I'm finally feeling better, let's take turns getting cleaned up and then enjoy each other's company... not on this bathroom floor." He suggested.

*

I left Hyde in the bathroom and closed the door because he insisted that he'd be fine.

I changed out of my sandy workout clothes and was a little embarrassed that I looked and smelled like this in front of Hyde. But I guess he was throwing up, I hope he didn't notice it too much.

He threw up blood... Everything about him today had an odd note of finality. How close had he come to death last night that he'd changed so much? Just what had happened that had changed that gritty gumpy Hyde into this one with... soft curious eyes.

I just can't help but be fascinated by him. everything about him was a mystery.

I changed into a robe and was happy to have most of the sand off of me. I wrapped my clothes in a towel just like Satiri had taught me. I smiled at the memory. If you make sure to wrap your clothes in your towel before you shower then you'll never forget your clothes or your towel. That was the theory anyway. Satiri always managed to forget one article of clothing in the process though. I can't even begin to count the amount of times she came out of our shared bathroom without a shirt or a skirt... or a bra.

After making doubly sure I wasn't leaving my underwear or anything behind I carried my towel to the middle space where the couches and chairs were. I sat on the chair where I'd found Hyde. Something about it warmed me even though his body heat had long since disappeared knowing that he had been here... that he was still here... brought me so much comfort.

Foxtails and Fairytales: Facades and Fables of the Phantom PrinceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara