Truth

You woke up the next morning with tears on the couch. You didn't even know if you had a nightmare again, or you just couldn't stop crying.

"You okay?" Aizawa came towards with what smelled like Camomile Tea. He sat next to you handing over the cup.

Taking the cup into your hands, you hugged the warm liquid. A hand fell onto your head, his palm warmed you head as it spread throughout your body. Sipping the tea, your shoulder slumped as it felt as if your body melted.

The two of you sat there in silence for a bit. He didn't pry, he didn't want you to break like you did. But he still wanted to know.

"Do you hate me?"

His eyes widened. He heard what you said, but it was so quiet he couldn't be sure.

Be careful.

Aizawa's eyes shifted towards Sibyl, who lay at her feet. The fox didn't look at him, but he was talking to him entirely.

She didn't go berserk, however, going back after 2 years she's confused and more broken. So be careful.

Aizawa looked towards you. Your E/C eyes unable to look at any part of him, just staring at the nearly empty cup.

"I don't hate you kid, I never will. I had a hunch that something wasn't right, but I never expected it to do this to you." You choked at his words. "I'm not asking you to tell me what happened or why you're involved in this, just know that I'll always love you, and when you feel ready to tell me, I'll listen."

You sat there frozen at his words, then you spoke. "I was 8 at the time, when my dad died."

Aizawa took his hand from your head, and rubbed your back.

"3 years before he started acting weird. He was sluggish, more sickly. My siblings and I noticed, but he always brushed it off."

Sibyl sat up placing his head on your lap. He looked up at you and nodded slightly.

"Then one day, my sister Mai found him unconscious, on the kitchen floor. When he was rushed to the hospital, the doctors said he came down with some unknown illness. They still don't know what caused it. He was always healthy, at one point he was the #1 Hero in Russia."

"Your father was Story Teller, The Creative Hero, right?"

You smiled fondly. "Yeah, that was him. At the time, the country was so crime-ridden and torn, my father fixed that. He was such a respected hero, they made a monument for him when he died. It was that greatness and influence that made me want to be a hero. I wanted to be able to fix a country like that. I want to be someone the people will be safe to have around. To feel that greatness my father had those days. That's all I ever wanted, and I wanted him to watch me do it. To walk with me as I started my training and grew my quirk." Fidgeting the cup dejected. "Of course I couldn't get that wish. They let us know early on, that he wouldn't be around long enough to watch us. To watch me be a hero, Astor be CEO, Mai be a renowned fashion designer, Alastor write his poetry to the world, and Amon also pursue the path of heroics."

"So everyday after school, we would all go to the hospital, and stay there till visiting hours were over. Our mom didn't like that, she said we were being childish. Childish for wanting to spend as much time with our father as possible. It was absurd the way she was talking. It got to the point where she assigned people to take us home. We were only allowed to see him once a week."

Sibyl huffed.

"One day, we couldn't take it anymore. We snuck out the house during one of our lessons, and went to the hospital. Our dad was surprised that we left the house without telling our mother we were gone. He didn't want us to get in trouble, so he told us to go back home. 'I'll still be here next week.' He said. How were we supposed to be sure of that? The doctor said he didn't have long. He could've been gone tomorrow for all we knew." Your voice started to crack.