Family Influence

After a week of looking further into the will, you and Aizawa were finally at the courthouse to finalize the conditions. Taking into consideration that the case would take time, Aizawa took a paid leave.

The car ride was silent, as you stared down at the will in your hands. You were assigned to a lawyer by the name of Phoenix Wright. His name was familiar, he was growing more popular in his case solving skills. Apparently he was still just starting out, but he left a good impression.

"I wonder if she found out I took the will." You said aloud.

Aizawa hummed in thought. "If she went through all the trouble of hiding it, then she's probably noticed by now. She'll probably send someone to the courthouse today, to argue over the will."

But there's still something I don't get that I think we looked over. Sibyl spoke up.

"What do you mean?" You looked back at him confused.

Mostly everything on the will makes sense, so whoever she sends won't be able to make a valid argument. Mainly the assets and stuff. However, the topic of your legal custody is confusing.

"Confusing how?"He asked.

How exactly did your father expect to hand over custody so easily? The both of them had custody on you guys, the only way for you to properly adopt her, is if she signed the papers like we wanted, or if the lord himself wanted to welcome her home. Then hand her over Satan. What I don't get is how exactly this will work, unless your planning to come out with what happened.

"If I do that it'll worsen the situation for the staff back at the house." You responded exasperated.

"Well let's hope that there's something your father knew of that we don't know that'll help." Aizawa ended the conversation, as he pulled up into the parking lot.

Getting out the car, you looked onto the large court building. The anxiety built up in your throat, if anything, there was a huge possibility of her lawyer, Haruki. From your few memories of him, Haruki was ruthless, especially when it came to defending your mother. Even in times when she was in the wrong, he's never lost a case on her side.

"C'mon kid, let's get this over with." He said tired.

Sibyl hopped onto your shoulder, as the two of you entered the building. It was just a normal courthouse, some offices that had lawyers and their clients inside.

"Excuse me!" Someone whisper-yelled.

You looked toward your right and spotted the lawyer from the newspaper approaching you two.

"You must be Shouta Aizawa and Y/N, right?"

"Yes that's us." Aizawa told him.

"Pheonix Wright, a pleasure to meet you, big fan of your work sir."

"Thank you." He responded a little peeved.

A chuckle escaped your lips, as a hero, Aizawa hates to be involved with the media. That being said, he's really not good at dealing with fans.

"Hello to you too Y/N."

You waved quietly.

"Wow cool fox." He said looking at Sibyl in awe.

This dude darts all over the place, we sure he's a lawyer?

You smiled a little as Pheonix beckoned for you to follow. A little later, you all had arrived in an office.