A Father's Efforts

The car drive home was quiet. Aizawa scanned the road in silence, as Hitoshi stared out the window his face dried from tears. The boy's head bounced slightly on the window glass as the car moved about. Sibyl stayed behind at the hospital.

Despite the stoic expression on his face, a wave of emotions ran through his mind. Now he really regretted not searching for all of you the moment your father told him to take care of you. He should have looked, even if to no avail at least he would've has a better chance of watching over you. His grip on the steering wheel was so hard it threatened to soften. How Aizawa wanted to wring that boy's neck for what he did. And his father . . .

No way would he remain a teacher, neither a free man.

Aizawa shifted his gaze to his son. His already tired eyes looked even blacker than before. As if he smudged black eyeshadow all around his lids. Hitoshi looked as if he hadn't slept in forever, with what transpired, the stress was immeasurable.

Finally they arrived home. Aizawa removed the key from his car, and sat there. He released a heavy sigh, and ran his fingers through his hair.

"You look stressed." Hitoshi finally spoke. "Sure you don't regret taking us in?"

Aizawa stared off, before reaching for the door handle. "I regret not looking for her sooner." He said getting out the car.

After sitting for a bit, Hitoshi got out the car as Aizawa opened the door. Kuroko ran up to the door happily with a small basketball in his mouth. Hopping on his back legs with happy yelps, before his eyes bounced between the two males. Kuroko whined getting back on all fours.

Aizawa kneeled down and pet the dog on his head. "She'll be back, okay? Y/N's not feeling well right now."

Kuroko whimpered at his words before turning around into the living room and laying on the floor. The ball fell out of his mouth and rolled, as the dog watched sadly.

Aizawa sighed again getting back on his feet. Hitoshi went into the living room sitting on the floor next to Kuroko. The boy softly pet his head as he whined once more. Aizawa passed the living room and went upstairs. On the large hall he opened the door to your room.

He remembered almost a year ago this room was once barren and lonely. Aizawa could feel your presence even in your state.

Then he recalled the day you started decorating this place. The carpet was installed and the walls painted the way you wanted. You and him were moving peices of furniture around. Chairs you had bought, a desk, a couch by the window.

"I didn't think you'd like pink." Aizawa said as he pieced together your nightstand.

"Hm, I just like how it feels. Probably cuz I come from a dark place, I need to lighten things up." You said brightly pushing your chest into a corner.

"What it is in that chest anyway?" He asked.

Aizawa watched you pause with your hands on the cover. Your face stayed straight showing no emotion before you tapped it softly. "Something I want to leave behind, but I'm not ready to talk about it yet."

Your father tilted his head before going back to work still curious but patient. "Take your time, I'll wait for you to tell me. Just don't keep it in too long. Okay?"

"Yeah, I promise." You responded as your voice faded in an echo in his mind.

Maybe if I pondered further. He considered. No, that would've pushed you away.

Aizawa closed your bedroom door, and went back down the stairs. Once down he turned going to the backyard. There was much grass, a pool, and a basketball court. He looked over at the small court. In the emptiness was you and Kuroko but much smaller. A wide smile was on your face as you teased the dog bouncing the ball avoiding his happy snout. His Seirin jersey he hopped around your legs in an effort to catch the ball.